• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 cat

grader

TY 4 Stroke Master
reading about how cat did not release a new 800 2 stroke that they were all waiting for because of a supplier/vendor problem, i think this may have been the best thing that could of happened.
think about it, doo shows their hand with a bumped up 850 motor and 10 more hp, hoping to one-up the competition. now cat has an extra year to make changes. things like a 900c motor with more hp than the doo. that would look good, yamaha slaps you this year so hard with the sidewinder that the only thing you can say is "but they got rid of the isoflex bearings". next year cat slaps them with a more powerfull 2 stroke and they have nothing to say except " but ours is 20 lbs lighter".
thats when polaris steps up and says "get that fat doo out of the way, i got somthing to show you"
dont you just love this sport? i do and i bleed blue.......with a tinge of green lol.

I have to say, this year's lineup from all the manufacturers is awesome! The only one i wouldn't buy is the Polaris 800, i don't think they've quite got it reliable yet. If i had the funds for a new sled it would be VERY hard to choose between a Doo 850 and the Sidewinder BTX... Does the 850 come in backcountry 137? That would make it even harder to choose. With my local Yamaha dealer being awesome, i would probably get the BTX in the end.
I have to say, if the 850 really is as reliable as they say (and with oiled roller bearings in stead of the isoflex bearings it just might be) Doo has a real winner on their hands. The Polaris chassies have been prone to crack, have they not?

reading about how cat did not release a new 800 2 stroke that they were all waiting for because of a supplier/vendor problem, i think this may have been the best thing that could of happened.
think about it, doo shows their hand with a bumped up 850 motor and 10 more hp, hoping to one-up the competition. now cat has an extra year to make changes. things like a 900c motor with more hp than the doo. that would look good, yamaha slaps you this year so hard with the sidewinder that the only thing you can say is "but they got rid of the isoflex bearings". next year cat slaps them with a more powerfull 2 stroke and they have nothing to say except " but ours is 20 lbs lighter".
thats when polaris steps up and says "get that fat doo out of the way, i got somthing to show you"
dont you just love this sport? i do and i bleed blue.......with a tinge of green lol.

If they didn't have a 900 in the works now they shure as heck wouldn't be able to make changes in a years time and do any amount of real world testing just to "1 up the competition."

1 new engine a year is enough now, gone are the years of "big release" and "full lineup changes" of years past. Manufactures got smart and "trickle" out new product to keep consumers interested. Even if Cat had the 850/870/900 two stroke ready to go this year I don't think they would have released it the same year as the 998t. The 998t gives them a great excuse to tinker on the new two stroke for another year to insure durability.

Back