• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yamaha and Arctic Cat arrangement has reached the point of it just being weird. I get that the two needed each other to survive. I get that, but they were not like two 20 something kids hoping to share an apartment. They are two mature families that decided to live together and share in hoes of surviving. More than 5 years later they are still sharing the same house and neighbors wonder what exactly is going on over there. Ew children show up and you can’t tell who the mother or father is cause they all look the same. The parents act like it’s totally normal as the neighbors talk among themselves saying how f’d up what’s going on over there is. You know it okay for neighbors to help each other out to get them back on their feet, but years later the mystery of what’s really going on over there has reached the point of twilight zone.
Exactly time to separate and go it alone the OEM arrangement just didn’t blossom like it should have with a new state of the art platform from the ground up. Maybe it would have had AC hadn’t been acquired by Textron but it has so dual branded blue and green sleds just seems DUMB at this point!

Well guy's maybe this release may have something, here is my 2 cents opinion, I have no doubt there is a youth sled, do I think its a rebadged Blast.. nope!! this will be a pure Yamaha sled, a midsize platform with a new 60-65 hp 4stroke, this sled will have the drive by wire throttle with 3 different drive modes for parents to set, suspension will have no big fancy shock set up but will work good, second... a new Venom Platform pure Yamaha it also will have a new engine, I'm thinking a light weight twin 4 stroke in the 100 + hp range, trail and crossover chassis, with some fancy shock packages, the Viper and the Winder will remain in the pro cross with some updated skis and shocks with new color scheme's, so there it is, now you know. ;)

Somebody on HCS just got the latest issue of Snowtech Magazine. They claim they know what Yamaha is coming out with but can’t say. But Snowtech says we are in for a big surprise. Thought I’d stir the pot a little!

They said capital, "BIG" surprise.

I'd highly doubt it's a "BIG" surprise, but either way, the marketing at Yamaha has lost a valuable bit of press by not having the lineup ready prior to Snowtech's issue coming out. A real big SNAFU if they have anything even remotely "BIG". Yamaha has nothing in the mag to show off at all for 2021.

They said capital, "BIG" surprise.

I'd highly doubt it's a "BIG" surprise, but either way, the marketing at Yamaha has lost a valuable bit of press by not having the lineup ready prior to Snowtech's issue coming out. A real big SNAFU if they have anything even remotely "BIG". Yamaha has nothing in the mag to show off at all for 2021.

Yea it’s likely their last issue for the year.

Maybe the BIG surprise is will be the purchase of Cat from Textron by Yamaha!

I know 2 guys that were so enthralled with the new Polaris Matryx that they just ordered them. They never considered a Poo before.
Yamaha lost 2 potential sales right there.

Fortunately for them I am a bit more patient.

My guesses are that the Arctic Cat Blast likely will be called Snosport and the ZR600 will be rebadged as the Venom.

Did anybody see a post on FB recently about some guy showing a picture of a 175 with a srviper sled cover over it? Claiming it it was a Yamaha reps sled and asked to see underneath it and was told he wasn’t allowed? Most likely just stirring the pot. I had just started reading the 80 comments and then phone died. Now I can’t find it.

Venom. 998 N/A on a YAMAHA pure bred chassis, although based on the Pro Cross.

Enticer. = rebadged Blast

Viper will remain, but engine will be a hotter tuned(cams & timing) 998 N/A.

Sidewinder will go largely unchanged, other than BNG.

I know 2 guys that were so enthralled with the new Polaris Matryx that they just ordered them. They never considered a Poo before.
Yamaha lost 2 potential sales right there.

Fortunately for them I am a bit more patient.
Good for them. I have friends that have bought 6 850 in the last two years. One caught fire today. I broke a temp sensor wire today. The other one has a new wiring harness and won’t go over 100 mph. One is dead. One blew up in Canada,400 miles from the truck. He bought a thunder cat to continue their 2000 mile ride and had a friend pick it up. GREAT sleds!!!!!!

Yeah I won't be buying one. Just saying Yamaha is missing out on sales by not giving any hints.
Besides, I have been there/done that with 2 strokes. I am done with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back