• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Prototypes and Spy Photos

I did hear that Cat is releasing a 7000 this year. Old chassis of course. Is also some interesting developments in suspension that might make it to the Cats/Yamahas. Having looked at Catalyst Prototypes I see no reason they can’t put the triple in there with minor mods just like they did to the ProCross chassis. But will they?

I did hear that Cat is releasing a 7000 this year. Old chassis of course. Is also some interesting developments in suspension that might make it to the Cats/Yamahas. Having looked at Catalyst Prototypes I see no reason they can’t put the triple in there with minor mods just like they did to the ProCross chassis. But will they?
Hope they do, which then gets rid of the chaincase. Can only hope that the catalyst platform then has better bearings in the driveshaft too. If the 7000 comes out that signals at least a little bit of life left for the Viper and Winder.

Chaincase will be required for tripe 4s . Can’t turn motor over backwards
Honestly, I would much rather give up reverse than give up the 4 stroke motor. Planning to order a catalyst, but not at all excited about a 2 stroke motor.

Idk looks like the back side of a chaincase housing still.

Attachments

• 273D349E-AE87-43F4-80D0-6701CCF39510.jpeg
    273D349E-AE87-43F4-80D0-6701CCF39510.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 235
I agree. Buying a Mtn 2 st is fine or better for that. Will keep Viper till a good 4st NA comes around in a better chassis. Haven’t seen it yet.
When the procross chassis is dialed in there isn't a better riding sled out there.

I agree. Buying a Mtn 2 st is fine or better for that. Will keep Viper till a good 4st NA comes around in a better chassis. Haven’t seen it yet.
Why an NA 4st? I'm honestly surprised you're not on a Winder yet!

Shoot I'm even thinking about upgrading to one and I'm lucky if I can get 800 miles of riding a year in with the snow being 600 miles away and all (on a normal year).

Back