• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2025 SRX

I spoke with my local yamaha dealer here in ontario and he told me that tey are going to try and set up current yamaha dealers as arctic cat sled dealers. my hope is to see the 998 in the catalyst chassis.
I hope the 998 sticks around as well. With that said, it would not surprise me to see Textron stick a twin 4 stroke in 2026. Not sure how reverse can work with the new belt drive. Can't run a 998 backwards, the valves will fall out. LOL

Yamaha in the past hasn’t done that usually , the last run of a models have a few of following models upgrades to test in production. V -max 4 had disc brakes, 93 exciter 2 had first gen primary clutch, 96 v max had upgrade rear suspension, last year of the viper had detonation control, and then the last apex had special suspension etc .
Hoping they throw a few upgrades in for the sidewinder , but unfortunately Arctic cat is involved with chassis so that leaves Yamaha with limited options for upgrades.
They can STILL upgrade the engine HP to the 240 range. It's proven to be reliable.

Yamaha sleds are done. Accept it. There is no law saying they have to make parts for 10 years. Internet nonsense. There is already lots of RS/FX parts that have been discontinued.

Bold new graphics and kick it out the door. Pocket the cash and turn the light out. That's Yamaha's plan.

This guy really seems to think he's got something. I wonder what you guy's take is?

This guy really seems to think he's got something. I wonder what you guy's take is?
My take is he's not very intelligent.

He isn’t the only one. I’ve seen a few 2024 850 Comp turbo sleds listed for 26-28k. The ads said, only 1,000 made.

IMO, that bubble has burst.

2025 Yamaha’s may be the exception. I think there will be quite a few people that want them and will pay big money for them.

He isn’t the only one. I’ve seen a few 2024 850 Comp turbo sleds listed for 26-28k. The ads said, only 1,000 made.

IMO, that bubble has burst.

2025 Yamaha’s may be the exception. I think there will be quite a few people that want them and will pay big money for them.
Yup, the bubble burst in 2022 when supply chain screwed up deliveries and the US government sent a boatload of money to many people. Low supply and lots of disposable income led to high demand. Today, people are running out of money with the cumulative effect of inflation, there are lots of sleds out there, and there is no snow. Although there is an #*$&@ for every seat, at those prices, these sleds will be sitting around for a while. I do agree the "final" 998 SRX may have some extra value. Time will tell if the 25' Tcat will also be the last of the 998 breed. My advice would be to order one pre-season if you want one.

2025 thunder cat.
FB_IMG_1704819786807.jpg
FB_IMG_1704819791774.jpg

Local dealer put them out this morning.
Pretty much has the whole line up listed.

cant find them on the interwebs.......
Got a picture of the ZR9000?

Back