• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2lb Boost It's Possible

Interesting stuff bushman.

I am looking for a phazer (primarly a turboed one) to have as a backup sled.
If this thing works out i might as well get a stock one and throw this kit on ;)!

Keep us posted, and good luck on the project.

Yamahajrp said:
i think if this would have been possible it would have been done already.......gl to who tries, would love to see it.
My thoughts precisely!!!

If it works eat your heart out that's like all the other developments that aern't made for the Phazer Line. But to those who are willing to go out on a limb to them be the gain. My heated running boards are still working great so it's worth my attempt. I would not have even posted it if I did not think it was possible after the research. Great ideas come from an attempt to do the impossible according to others sound like a patent sales pitch. See below for a Phazer project that is safe to say is the only one in existance with some out of the box ambition.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=45130

Electric superchargers like he describes actually work quite well that use the compressor side of a a turbo attached to an electric motor. For only 2psi boost a motor that is around 1hp would suffice but even that is going to roughly have a 50amp draw. For a small car with a 100 amp alternator that really isn't an issue but one will have to be careful on the Phazer so you don't draw the battery down faster than the Stator can recharge the battery.

blueironranger said:
Electric superchargers like he describes actually work quite well that use the compressor side of a a turbo attached to an electric motor. For only 2psi boost a motor that is around 1hp would suffice but even that is going to roughly have a 50amp draw. For a small car with a 100 amp alternator that really isn't an issue but one will have to be careful on the Phazer so you don't draw the battery down faster than the Stator can recharge the battery.
I totally understand that.

How much CFM will be drawn at 10,000 r's? My real concern is the amount of air pulled vs. pushed. It's possible for a boost but the size of the fans or draw for this is E= Turbo, has to be just on the mark for for 1 of 2 things. An under or overdraw of A/F. I'm fairly certain that if boost kicked in at a higher RPM (where boost should be made) an addition of fuel is required. Not sure if the factory Map is capable so is a programmer required? Interesting idea though. Keep at it.

i think i have heard it mentioned that the fuel system should be able to compensate for 2-3 lbs of boost. only problem i can see it regulating the boost throughout the throttle range, maintaining the 3lbs at 5k rpms and also 11k rpms

I could see a small computer program that reads the rpms and then tell the fan how fast to spin I would assume this would require knowing what the cfm at engagement-4,000-4,001-4,002-4,003 rpms etc........to 12k

I understand what you mean about fuel delivery. The Yamcharger system slowly builds boost on the crank or secondary clutch setups. Even if you need more fuel a fuel controller can be added and mapped easily. The rpm at which the turbo will kick in will be the main issue. Air cfm won't be an issue and a little taste of what I'm using in the picture.

I have spent alot of time on the clutching and gearing department. This thing is really rockin for my kind of tight, twisty, quick uphill riding conditions. It's nice when I get to the top of a hill it is still lifting the front end and peaking out. There is way more available with some time and clutch parts. I think Superman from the forum is coming up this weekend to my area can't wait for him to ride it. He also has an 07 MTX that is stock.

Attachments

• Turbo.jpeg
    Turbo.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 72
Me neither just need some time to mount it to the air box that I have sealed off already. I am gone to hook it up through the lid on the air box and monitor voltages on charging system and if air box will hold the 2-3 psi before going in full blown for permanent setup. I will update in a couple of weeks.

Back