• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another hyfax question

wantsnow said:
The guys that change out there sliders every 1000kms , are they really worn out or are they just worked in. This is my first Nytro so I don't know yet but I'm just wondering if some of us are changing out sliders too soon only because the first half wore quickly? There certainly would be some areas of the slider that wear more then others as the track hits higher frictional points but does it not stand to reason that once it wears those high friction points down it will then no longer wear that point as quickly. I hope u guys understand what I'm trying to say because I'm not even sure if I do. What ever...go change your sliders if u think they are worn out. Hahaha!!

At 1000kms my sliders were getting down to the wear marks. Kept a close eye on them. Finially changed them at 4000 km ( 3000 miles). They were worn down but they probably could of went longer.

Just changed my original hifax on my 09 Nytro XTX at 3600 miles and my 07 Apex RTX at 4500 miles. The original set on my 07 Nytro ER are still ok at 4200 miles. I have ridden all three machines frequently in low snow conditions. Not bad!

i got 3200 mi out of my original slides with no mods. Had 96 studs and usually rode in great conditions tho.

i got tired of replacing hypax on my old vector every 500 miles so i put the Pioneer Performance kit on it and did not change them in over 2000 miles...i have since sold that sled and i am now on a 09 nytro xtx...i put on 4 polaris wheels on the outside rails and instead of machining the mounts for the 2 inside the rails wheels i have orderd the X wheels from Excell. they are a larger wheel like the polaris' but have the 6005 bearing (thinner bearing)...just having the 4 polaris wheels helped and i am hoping that the X wheels will give me even more peace of mind that when i ride my slides will last...

Back