• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom Triplepoints VS. Snowtrackers

Witch one are better?

• Bergstrom Triplepoints

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Snowtrackers

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
http://www.bergstromskegs.com/wr/o_draw.htm
Scott is nice enough to provide drawings on his site ! this might help you in your search for Snowtrackers .
I will do some research and see what I can find.
I have run many skis and Triple points were one of the best carbides I found . I also found it to be the fastest setup on my Vectors .
Scott use to send me Spring discounts or a percent off sale if ordered early . This seemed to stop and that leveled the playing field as far as price.
So after much reading on TY , I set out to buy my first set of Snowtrackers . Yes they were a few more bucks than Triple points but they seemed to perform as
good or better and I think they last longer . along with very easy steering on our heavy 4 stroke front ends .

Snow is coming :) but we need cold weather to setup the lakes and swamps.

So if you were me would you ditch the usi skiis for the snow trackers or jeeps usi skiis and get Bergstroms?

th
I had great success with adding a Ski blade to the front of the Triple points . I copied SLP Ski blades by taking a Stainless pipe and cutting it in half then rounding up the front and backs . I mounted it under the front bolt of the carbide and they totally eliminate any tracking issues. If you don't want to buy new skis stick with the Bergstroms and don't look back ! They are very good !! If Scott would have kept sending me his 25% off for early buys I would still be running them :)

th
I had great success with adding a Ski blade to the front of the Triple points . I copied SLP Ski blades by taking a Stainless pipe and cutting it in half then rounding up the front and backs . I mounted it under the front bolt of the carbide and they totally eliminate any tracking issues. If you don't want to buy new skis stick with the Bergstroms and don't look back ! They are very good !! If Scott would have kept sending me his 25% off for early buys I would still be running them :)
Nice thanks for the ideas and pointers. What are you running now? So sounds like snow trackers best, bergstroms second. Kinda wondering what third choice would be etc?

Nice thanks for the ideas and pointers. What are you running now? So sounds like snow trackers best, bergstroms second. Kinda wondering what third choice would be etc?
On my main sled I have Slydog Powder hounds 7" and Semi Aggressive snow trackers . I have found this to be the best wide ski with grip and ease of turning . I tried C&A Razors last year and went back to the Slydogs. Razors tracked good but turned twice as heavy as the Slydogs . I did run Bergstrom Triple points and the ski blade on the Powder hounds and found it to be a nice setup but it pushes just a little more than the Snow trackers . Wife and Daughter's sled . OEM skis and Aggressive Snowtrackers . They are only trail riders and need light positive steering . Wish I could offer more advice on your type of skis but I have never run them ! My brother had great success with Ski doo OEM 6.9" skis and Snowtrackers on his Nytro

My guess for third would be Slim Jim Dooleys

On my main sled I have Slydog Powder hounds 7" and Semi Aggressive snow trackers . I have found this to be the best wide ski with grip and ease of turning . I tried C&A Razors last year and went back to the Slydogs. Razors tracked good but turned twice as heavy as the Slydogs . I did run Bergstrom Triple points and the ski blade on the Powder hounds and found it to be a nice setup but it pushes just a little more than the Snow trackers . Wife and Daughter's sled . OEM skis and Aggressive Snowtrackers . They are only trail riders and need light positive steering . Wish I could offer more advice on your type of skis but I have never run them ! My brother had great success with Ski doo OEM 6.9" skis and Snowtrackers on his Nytro

I thought people were saying that you can’t run snow trackers with anything other then a stock ski? Sounds like your proved that theory wrong.

th

Can you show us a better picture of how it is mounted with the snow blade. What's the outside & inside dia. of the pipe & how long should it be

I thought people were saying that you can’t run snow trackers with anything other then a stock ski? Sounds like your proved that theory wrong.
No , Snowtrackers are made for many different skis . You might have to drill a hole for the front that is turned up . I know C&A and Slydog have the same bolt pattern. My brother has had them on Ski doo pilot’s for years and they make them for OEM Yamaha skis and Polaris . I’m just not sure of all the aftermarket one's ..

Back when this thread started 10 years ago there were less options

Can you show us a better picture of how it is mounted with the snow blade. What's the outside & inside dia. of the pipe & how long should it be
upload_2019-12-1_13-13-24.jpeg
upload_2019-12-1_13-13-45.jpeg

I have made them 2 different ways . I have taken a 1.5" Dia. Stainless pipe and cut it in half and rounded up both ends . Then I have welded on a bolt just like they do. Then you have to drill an extra hole in your ski for that bolt to stick through. Then I have drilled one hole in the back of the blade for the front bolt on the carbide. A good length is 4" This gives the blade two mounting points and keeps it from spinning .

On a set of C&A Razors I have made the blade 6" long and just drilled two holes that line up with the mounting bolts on the Carbides . The blade goes against the ski and the Carbide gets bolted over it . This holds everything in place. I have sold the skis to a buddy of mine but he is still running the same blade for about 4000 miles. This Mod has been around for years ! Some people use to call it the Half pipe mod . Maybe a Google search might turn some more info up ...

As said ST set ups are available for many skis. The question was what’s best for Yamaha single keel stock skis Bergstrom triple points or Snow Trackers. Most popular performance wise is the STs then triple points second then lots of others in 3rd place. There are a myriad of aftermarket skis and carbides available.

I tried the Snow trackers for a few hundred miles, Snow trackers darted more and were very unpredictable what they were going to do in the corners. so I went back to Bergstrom triple points.

No , Snowtrackers are made for many different skis . You might have to drill a hole for the front that is turned up . I know C&A and Slydog have the same bolt pattern. My brother has had them on Ski doo pilot’s for years and they make them for OEM Yamaha skis and Polaris . I’m just not sure of all the aftermarket one's ..
You can also get them for Curve skis, I think the same bolt pattern as C&A.

Back