• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom Triplepoints VS. Snowtrackers

Witch one are better?

• Bergstrom Triplepoints

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Snowtrackers

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
Alright thanks for all the info. That’s gets me a good grip on all and even have options and ideas now. Thanks guys!

I tried the Snow trackers for a few hundred miles, Snow trackers darted more and were very unpredictable what they were going to do in the corners. so I went back to Bergstrom triple points.
What kind of skis did you have them mounted on? I had Bergstrom triple points on my SLP Mohawks because I couldn't find Snow Trackers for the SLP skis. I shimmed my skis as Scott recommended, but the SLP's with the Bergstroms darted badly. Not the worst I have ridden with, but definitely not the best. I have now run Snow Trackers on Yamaha skis on DB sleds, Cat skis, and even Tuners on the Pro Cross sleds, and I have NEVER experienced darting with the Snow Trackers on any sled with any skis.

What kind of skis did you have them mounted on? I had Bergstrom triple points on my SLP Mohawks because I couldn't find Snow Trackers for the SLP skis. I shimmed my skis as Scott recommended, but the SLP's with the Bergstroms darted badly. Not the worst I have ridden with, but definitely not the best. I have now run Snow Trackers on Yamaha skis on DB sleds, Cat skis, and even Tuners on the Pro Cross sleds, and I have NEVER experienced darting with the Snow Trackers on any sled with any skis.

Stock Apex skis.

Stock Apex skis.
I am assuming that those are the old Yamaha skis that were used on the DB sleds prior to the development of the Tuner? I bought a 2011 Vector LTX that I loved for its engine, but hated for its handling. It pushed in corners and darted terribly with the stock Yamaha skis. My buddy and I went on a trip to Quebec, and (almost) every Yamaha sled we saw was running Snow Trackers. We didn't know what they were, but talked with a guy who was from Connecticut running them on his Apex. He was the one who "sold" us on Snow Trackers, and we bought a pair as soon as we got home. I put another 5,000 on that Vector, and loved the handling with the Snow Trackers. It did not dart; it did not push, and it was easy to steer. My wife still had a 2013 Vector LTX with Snow Trackers, and she refuses to ride anything else because she has a bad shoulder. The combination of power steering and Trackers has allowed her to ride snowmobiles again after several years of not riding at all. I guess everyone's experience is different, but our experience was that the Trackers made the DB sleds a pleasure to drive.

Knapp, the snowtrackers look masive...wont they kill your top end???

My TriplePoints came in today so I dont have much of a choice anyways

They never killed mine at all 112mph on gps Apex XTX which is the fastest it has ever gone. I had curves and Simmons on it went back to stock with aggressive trackers. No darting with a bit of push in fresh snow (3 inch or more) but Curves where worse and Simmons much worse. Hard pack trail is a dream to run on with trackers.

The snowtracker plate is a heavy guage steel ... I would think that it would take quite a hard hit to bend it.

As a quick review, I put my first 260 kms on a new set of Snowtracker semis over the weekend and they are awsome. Zero darting and very good cornering although I was still getting a little push in the corners on loose conditions so I may need to add a little more pressure to the front skis. They were very easy turning too. Best runner set up I've experienced. Over the past two seasons I've been running deuce bars with mediocre results.

I put the semis on against popular opinion and they pushed to much for me so I went to the aggressive and have no regrets. Semis just don't grip enough.

Back