• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coolant hose protectors

I am in the process of removing my BOP hose protectors and installing STM tunnel protectors since I am running studs.
If your going to stud better off to buy full length tunnel protectors.
You running longer stud? I was looking at those STM protectors.. Pricey but I get it. And understand how they will truly protect..

Thanks for the pic Jon. Small improvements like this through the years should be marketed by them. This seems another step up from when they went braided.

Thanks for the pic Jon. Small improvements like this through the years should be marketed by them. This seems another step up from when they went braided.
Yea not sure if 2022 is different from 2020 but Its way better then 2017 for sure.. I don't run the protectors from Bop, BUT not saying guys shouldn't.. I spend time checking for ice chunks and making sure I clean my Tunnel at the end of the day/ride.. That's when you have issue IMO is letting sled sit all night and then in the morning the chunks are like concrete. I put my sled on a stand when getting back from a ride.. I spin the track some and clean out the sides of the tunnel.. Good to go for morning.. I ONLY run trails and have never seen snow build like one of the pics in this post.. But I could see that if your running off trail in really cold temps..

My Apex has me trained on ice build up clean up before a ride. I'm usually to thirsty coming back and just park it. Nothing like morning -20C crisp air in the lungs and no coat with the rubber mallet breaking ice to cure a hangover.

Last edited:
My Apex has me trained on ice build up clean up before a ride. I'm usually to thirsty coming back and just park it. Nothing like morning -20C crisp air in the lungs and no coat with the rubber mallet breaking ice to cure a hang over.
Be carful how hard you hit things and where with that rubber mallet! ALL things are pretty brittle on those cold mornings

You running longer stud? I was looking at those STM protectors.. Pricey but I get it. And understand how they will truly protect..
60032.jpeg
41166.jpeg

Picture is worth a 1000 words.
Just posting to help others out from my mistake of not putting the full length tunnel protectors in when studding. Track was run at 1/2" sag when adjusting just like in Precision EFI video.

just installed bop on a 21, fits normal, lines were braided or reinforced same as johns pic, id still put em on even with the stronger line

Attachments

• CAF9871C-3CB1-4592-A606-72D074C8DC62.jpeg
    CAF9871C-3CB1-4592-A606-72D074C8DC62.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 151

Back