• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fx Nytro RTX VS XP XRS 800

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
I know this is a Yamaha site,But I am depending on you guys to give me a none bias opinion on both sleds. If you have ridden or have a buddy with one,Anyway you compared them I would like to hear about it. I am considering selling my sled and jumping ship to skidoo. I keep hearing the grass is greener on the other side,But something is keeping me from REALLY trying to sell my sled. Who ever road both,Can you give me a none bias opinion and would you get an Xp over your Nytro? :o| I have been wrestling with my self about this decision for a while, and I go back and froth.

I can also dump 2500 in my sled was well,Maybe if you could put 2500 in the Nytro it would be as good or better then an XP?

ive riden an x, nice sled but a few ppl around here i know have had major problems with the xp's... i like my nytro more personally. ride any 800 xp and ull get an idea

Yea,I just don't know what to do. I think it might be in my best interest to work with hygear get this sled to rock even more. Fix the joints and add a clutch kit

I have both right now an 08 Nytro RTX and a 09 XP 800r X sled. The Nytro has an MPI Supercharger on it and all I can say is I just keep grinning every time I ride. My buddies just laugh every time they here me crack the throttle on the trail because its loud with the Super Q on it and just echo's through the woods. I really like my XP and haven't had any problems with it and its a blast to ride because its so light and nimble. The XP is better in the tight and twisty trails because its so flickable but I have an addiction to speed and the Nytro is just so quick with the SC on it I'll probably just keep them both for now. I personally would ride your RTX for at least one more season and see how the 800 E-Tec holds up before you buy anything and then get one of those unless you just buy the SC and have it put on your RTX and ride it for a few years. Or get both. ;)!

Tough choice, they both take the big bumps well but I would say the the XP is less tiring on a long day of beat up trails. I'm in the UP right now with my Nytro and the 2 guys I'm with one on a 2010 E-Tec 600 XP and the other on a F7 both of them a few years younger than me and they were in bed before 9:00 tonight because I took them off trail and wore them out. I workout and they don't so that probably makes the difference. The guy on the E-Tec just dumped his XTX for it and says he loves the E-Tec. I'll have both sleds up next weekend so I'll see which one I really feels takes the bumps the best.

i think it all depends on what you want to do.... i had an xrs 800 and loved it! it has a great engine and lasted for a lot of hard hard miles with no problems,even though it was the rev platform i know alot of guys who love there xp xrs.... my self I cant ever see myseld not on my nytro, it does weight more but the power is unreal and the way the short track handles oo yeah, i know i could rebuild my xrs a few time for the price of a turbo but hell why rebuild a sled when you could have 240-250 hp and it run every day you wake up and wanna ride and jump the hell of it :yam:

Back