• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fx Nytro RTX VS XP XRS 800

Greasemonkey said:
Posted a more detailed comment on another post but a buddy of mine has 2 new E-Tech's. First trip out, 1 wiped out the secondary clutch and jackshaft. 3 weeks later, parts are still on backorder. He bought an '09 Nytro FX for a spare. He took that and the 1 good E-Tech to Canada last week. Decided to "compare" the 2. The Nytro ate the Doo up and spit it out 4 times, 2 rolling, 2 from a stop. He also said the Nytro handled better that the Doo. We are talking a 1200 mile trip in 5 days. Only thing he didn't like was the small tank. He is getting a 10 gallon tank installed this weekend. I considered this report accurate as the same guy owns both. Personally, I've owned both myself and I prefer the heavier Yamaha for long range riding, more comfort. Like comparing the ride of a Mustang to the ride of a Lincoln. All sleds need to be set up for your own personal tastes.

You talking about 2 new 800 e-techs?

There must be some 800r that are real dogs down there. Although I'm not a Lake race guy any more, the 800r 's I've seen around here have a lot more top end. Granted, the Nytro is a monster out of the hole, but i'd really question if a stock Nytro can out run an 800r on top end. Does anyone agree or am I totally out to lunch?

the 800r I rode with was a short track with a 1.75" ripsaw, geared down one tooth, and it left me in the dust...if he could keep it from flipping over backwards.

The etec is supposed to be faster. I'll tell you next year.

sleddingfarmer said:
the 800r I rode with was a short track with a 1.75" ripsaw, geared down one tooth, and it left me in the dust...if he could keep it from flipping over backwards.

The etec is supposed to be faster. I'll tell you next year.

This was my exact experience to and I am not stock... :drink:

Back