• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand Guards on Apex GT!!!

I bought the black chrome Powermadd's with the attached mirrors for my GT. I tried to post some pics of them, but it wouldn't work. If I could send someone the pics and they could post them, PM me and I'll do it.

Tom - thanks for posting the pics of them installed. Lets keep this thread going with some good pictures of other brands installed if anyone else has installed them yet. I have heard some rumblings about the Yamaha style not fitting properly on the Apex/Attaks due to the mounts having to go on the inside of the handlebar switches and there not being enough room for them to mount before the bend area in the bars (they come stock on Nytros and have a wider bar on the Nytro-so fit is definitely not an issue on them). I think the powermadds are nice because they can be mounted in many different ways including between the grip and switches due to the powermadds having about 4 different ways you can mount the guard to the mount brackets allowing them to move from side to side. The Yamaha ones and Sportechs seem to be limited to moving the mount bracket on the bars to adjust the guards from side to side to line up with the grips/brake lever properly. Another note on this stuff is that from what I have seen so far it appears to me that the accessory windshields coming out from Yamaha have been designed to sit further forward on the sleds in comparison to the stock style. This should help allow more clearance between the bars and windshields on the new low and mid styles. Soon we should be getting the new mid windshields in and know for sure if the mids will have enough clearance. I know for sure the accessory lows will have enough clearance to run handguards. If anyone is interested in the Chrome powermadd style (or other colors) we have them and the mount brackets in stock.

so the yami ones wont be able to be mounted like dave did his powermadds? thats a bummer. i like the yami ones but theyre not available yet my dealer says

mr sled
are the mtg brackets for those guards aluminum or plastic??
looks good and clean!!

That's just plain idiotic if the Yamaha handguards don't fit well. I ordered them for the sole reason that I "thought" they would fit the best of any. Who's the #$%&* idiot that came up with idea of making a handguard that doesn't fit their own sled? :o|

i think the powermadd's match the style of the sled best. the are not rounded like the others.

To me, those chrome powermadds on the GT is the best looking sled out this year :Rockon: !

Looks great! Question: Can they fold in or detach easily to allow you to put a cover on the sled or do you have to loosen something each time?

Thanks

Back