• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many Apex owners think they want upgrade to Sidewinder?

Yep. Star on it. And it was very well cared for from what I can tell.
Has that sled seen the snow yet ???
It is in amazing condition , from the pics.
If you are over 6 feet tall , you may want to add the WRP seat , and Lake effects riser , with hyfax saver wheel kit , 13mm sway bar , and then read the posts to tune the Star set up , if not already done.
I had the 06 GT , and loved it , but the post 11 XTX , set up with all the add ons , is fricken amazing !
You should love it !

oh ya forgot the snowtrackers ! If I had cruise control , I could steer with one knee .

Has that sled seen the snow yet ???
It is in amazing condition , from the pics.
If you are over 6 feet tall , you may want to add the WRP seat , and Lake effects riser , with hyfax saver wheel kit , 13mm sway bar , and then read the posts to tune the Star set up , if not already done.
I had the 06 GT , and loved it , but the post 11 XTX , set up with all the add ons , is fricken amazing !
You should love it !

oh ya forgot the snowtrackers ! If I had cruise control , I could steer with one knee .
Thanks Sledroll! Yes it has seen snow!!!It has 2300 miles. He said it looked LIKE NEW in his ad and I am usually skeptical till I see it, but I was pleasantly surprised!
I am 5'11" so not sure if I need a higher seat??? Thinking about a riser to help with standing on the really bad trails. Might have to check out putting in the 13 mm sway bar. Not sure what carbides are on it, but they are a double runner type.
I am excited to drive it, but have to wait a whole 9 months :(. I like to buy things at the discounted times of the year, so it my fault. I have never ridden an Apex, but u guys [#guysthatlovetheirapexes!!!] talked me into it with your posts about the Apex motor!!! I have a FZ1 motorcycle so now I have 2 toys with same motor!

Last edited:
PS not upgrading, adding
nice answer!! love my apex but that american snowmobiler article that dynoed the sidewinder at 204 hp holy crap!!!!!

I don't understand all this talk of the 3 cylinder sounding like a tractor. I have had 2 4 cylinders and 3 3cylinders and yes the 4 four sounds wicked but the 3 doesn't sound bad. Also 3 cylinder engines are smoother than 4 cylinders.

Which one is more reliable thats what i want to know?

I don't understand all this talk of the 3 cylinder sounding like a tractor. I have had 2 4 cylinders and 3 3cylinders and yes the 4 four sounds wicked but the 3 doesn't sound bad. Also 3 cylinder engines are smoother than 4 cylinders.

only for some stain. i am one of the ones that will always buy a 4 holer because it does not affect my carpel tunnel like my brothers rs venture does. 30 min and i start to loose feeling in my fingers on his venture and it is just past break-in milage. sound wise i could care less. it is all about my comfort. now if a sidewinder or viper has an isovibe set-up that i can try, then i am interested. the 4 cyl is smooth and i can ride for more miles with less pain.

If the SW came with EPS... I'd be selling my organs on the black market... For a 2nd year holdover

Because not Star kit is done... I'll be adding the WPR & LE riser... Only problem with an Apex XTX is seating position and rear skid friction

If the SW came with EPS... I'd be selling my organs on the black market... For a 2nd year holdover

Because not Star kit is done... I'll be adding the WPR & LE riser... Only problem with an Apex XTX is seating position and rear skid friction
so if you have the Star kit ,and you add the WRP seat and LE riser , then the only other up grade needed to a great sled, .......
Would be to add the new 998 Turbo engine, to add horse power and lighten the front end .

I am doing a general check over of this new apex I bought and noticed it is really well-built! It might be heavy but to build a good product you have to make good parts that don't break! The only way to lighten up a sled is either make the metal thinner or use more expensive products like titanium, carbon fiber, or etc. To use lighter products it would cost a lot more to build the same sled at that price point and the normal consumer will not be able to afford it. Everything has a trade off! You can't have everything! I feel the new cat chassis is a great chassis but I think it will break a little more. The new turbo motor in the sidewinder is built by Yamaha and will be an exceptional motor, but with having more moving parts it is likely that there will be more issues that come up !

Smoother than than the almighty Apex motor, I find that almost impossible :)

Back