• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kimpex Tomahawk...any good?

98Slim

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Its a secret
Anyone have experience with Kimpec tomahawk track. My buddy is looking to replace track on his Skippy Doo (sorry couldnt resist). And found good deal for 1.25 inch. thanks in advance

there may be other version available now, but I believe the original tomahawk had a wierd pitch (other than 2.52), so on most sleds you also need a driver conversion kit to make it work....friend of mine got a deal on one, and then when he bought the drivers, ect. it didn't work out to be all that cheap.....no idea on performance...

like wariorbeads said.they were a different pitch ( 3") so you needed to buy drivers also.kimpex tracks havent been that good at least compared to camoplast.if your buddy wants a cheap 1.25" track i have some new ones for $300 and up.

If you are looking at the sweet deal from Kimpex on ebay, they come with the drivers... They warn of a tight fit on Yami models.... I've been considering one for the Apex GT.

Attachments

• 1070996easter seals.jpg
    1070996easter seals.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 94
  • ESlogo150x150.gif
    ESlogo150x150.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 101
Unless i'm looking at it wrong it looks like it would be terrible in loose or pow. There isn't really a paddle at all, just a few lugs that stick up here and there. Anyone actually use one of these yet in varying conditions.

A friend of mine put one on 05 mach z it actally worked pretty well. 192 pics and apprx.3000 mls later its still in good shape . take it for what its worth. :Rockon:

I ran a 136" Kimpex short 7/8" lug track on my 99 Polaris 700 RMK once for use on trails/lakes/rivers instead of the 2" paddle. Had it studded middle and outside with 162 carbides. It lasted 652 miles till it broke the cross bars and ripped half the left outer band loose. The studs sliced the hell out of the tunnel on each side of the tunnel protectors. Since then have only run Camoplast. YMMV but I wouldn't touch a Kimpex on a higher power sled.

Back