• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

I don't they there is one for the 1049
I called TD
I also looked on Tapp page and there is only the one listed.

Well I have 3 of them. They are the exact same design from what I can tell. I figured they are from Tapp.
I have a shaft from a 2011 Vector 1049 here. It won't fit. The depth is different. The collar measures 11.2 wide and there is 8.5 of depth room in the shaft.

BTW, that Bender Exciter 570 pictured is a BEAUTY!

I had an 88 model when I was in my teens. Rode it for years. Love the looks of them.

I have a shaft from a 2011 Vector 1049 here. It won't fit. The depth is different. The collar measures 11.2 wide and there is 8.5 of depth room in the shaft.

I had an 88 model when I was in my teens. Rode it for years. Love the looks of them.
I know I love that picture!! I have them that fit the 1049 and they are different than the winders. I have a few sleds that need them and I’ll know how well they work compared to the others.

I know I love that picture!! I have them that fit the 1049 and they are different than the winders. I have a few sleds that need them and I’ll know how well they work compared to the others.
Ok, where did you get them?

Ok, where did you get them?
A friend that I have known for many years that doesn’t want to be mentioned. Got me wondering where they are coming from. I don’t want to start a controversy on my site so since I have no idea what’s going on I am going to be silent on this to not hurt feelings. I know what works in my shop and until I know all the facts I’m bowing out.

So how are people using the 1049 stub shaft on a 998T if they are different?

I tried to buy the parts from him without his special ceramic grease and he would not sell.

I tried to buy the parts from him without his special ceramic grease and he would not sell.
Just buy direct from TAPP. They have dealers all over the place or I'm sure will ship directly from them. That's all AK is doing, he is buying in bulk from TAPP then up-charging for his grease.

Snow is on the ground and I've decided to wrap things up. This is my temporary fix.
Not! the grease I was planning on using, but will try.
Grease & Another part coming out of Canada, could be other solutions.
What's more important...play grease games or prepare for the season in the hit or miss El nino situation.
Lastly, On an earlier post I included a pick of inside my hub. Not 1 person commented on the lack of grease inside there. I filled it up with everything Tapp supplied, And it's seemingly disappeared. Lol. No it didn't exit out the seal and all over the crank and motor, I would have saw that
IMG_20240106_070857509_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Last edited:
Well then, l have to say this has been a Murphy afternoon trying to put this kit on. Even though the shaft and shaft housing were clearly marked, these splines would simply not line up. Probably because of the grease. I was ready for a Donnybrook because I lost my afternoon nap.:die
Mine had little rattle, probably because it's new, but it did quiet down quite a bit. Now we wait for snow.

Well I have 3 of them. They are the exact same design from what I can tell. I figured they are from Tapp.
How do these knockout kits compare to hurricanes quite ring?

Totally different concept. Hurricane noise reduction ring works as well

How do these knockout kits compare to hurricanes quite ring?

They don't compare. Hurricane ring is adding rotational mass which is what is really needed to dampen the clutch harmonics. The ring and grease is IMO a gimmick. I fired my sled up the other day with the TAPP primary and I still have rattle, yes the TAPP still rattles a bit too with a few miles on them, just nothing like the Yamaha primary.

I myself wouldn't bother with the knockout kit again on a machine, it was cheap to try, yes, but IMO its meh, which is fine, I wasn't expecting much for help in the matter. Seems to have helped some of the Yamaha primaries at idle however from some of the videos, but IMO is not "the fix" for a loud primary clutch. Only fix for a loud primary is a quieter primary like the Cats run or a PB80. I ran the PB80 on my old 1200 Doos both NA and turbos, they actually work very well as a trail clutch, you just cant work with engagement RPM at all other than spring changes.

Back