• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lighter steering?

I guess no steering, when I let off throttle front end drops and I can turn through a corner, then on fuel again.

Sounds like a slow setup. I would like to brake before the corner, accelerate thru the corner without the skis pushing. But I have to agree that your setup sounds to have a light steering.

The pilots seem to work better that the precision on a Nytro. I run oft locate with tuners, its ridiculous how easy the steering is. You can pretty much drive with 1 hand on the bar. I hate heavy steering on a sled.
What do you run them with?

What do you run them with?

What do you mean ? What carbides? 4 inch qualipieces square bar carbides. Used to run 6 inch inside and 4 inch outside, but the 4 nice ones were like 70 bucks cheaper, and unnoticed no difference, so I use the 4

Yes, 4 inch inside and out. They are square bar carbides tho, not round bar
Sorry I never heard of the qualipieces before but will have to see about getting those. Thanks for your help!!

X2 on both of terez posts, his information is spot on... ;)!

GUYS!! I'm at the point where I'm ready to get rid of this Nytro for anything including going back to my 98 Polaris xc which although it doesn't have near the power at least I could turn it. I just got back from a trip to Michigan where we put 900 miles on in 3 and a half days and after driving a sidewinder and apex this thing is like trying to push a tank around the corner. I recently switched to Tuner skis with 4 in woodys carbide inside and out. I tried loosening up the back to the soft suspension ive done a few different things with the front. I haven't tried to adjust the shock in the back or played with the limiter strap. I'd sell it but I don't know how I could convince anyone to buy it with the heavy steering lol. PLEASE, idk how much the steering relocation is but if anyone has any opinions or ideas I'm totally open to try anything that's not going to kill my wallet I just want this thing to turn like a normal sled because god knows my shoulders are getting really tired of having to fight with this sled to turn it. THanks and happy new years

Travis @ BOP swears by snowtrackers on stock skis.....

I run tuners with 4" Woodys inside / out on both my RTX & the Wife's XTX, mine is set up for me + has a relocate kit and I have no big issues. Sometimes snow conditions effect how it steers but lean off it & get forward towards the inside ski and it turns- We ride like that anyways.
Hers is using a riser + the taller bars pushed forward and WRP seat also. After swapping Slydogs w/ Bergstrom triple points to tuners she says the steering is much better but still feels a little heavy (She's a woman, they want everything) :) I'm gonna adjust the front shock set up some more as it's only the 4th time she's ridden it since buying used.
The other thing is she rode my short track a few times last season and liked it, now being new on the 144 it's different but after the rough stuff this past weekend I think bridging bumps trumped her slight handling issue- we won't be swapping sleds anytime soon.

I had stock skid and hated them,put tunners on next with 4" inside and out- better but still pushed in soft snow. Then put curve xs skis on and way better with front strap up one hole. Finally did star 128" relocate with shock relvaving by star. I can now go through the trails one handed. Just my 02 cent.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I switched to tuners, was using a 6" square, and 2" round setup. The star xtx made a big difference too - allowing it to transfer gets the front end lighter. I had no relocator until this year, and I'd say effort was medium to high after riding some '15 and '16 vipers.

I did a custom relocate, similar to what grizztracks posted here. (I'd say its about 60-70% of OFTs) and yes I should have done this from day one. Although I liked the sled the way it was before, and put on 10,000km like this, it does make a good difference.

I need new carbides and going to try 2" round and 4" round this time - I hoping it gets it lighter.
And I'll agree the tuners are junk in the soft stuff but I mostly trail ride.

How much air pressure are you running in the Fox Floats, less is better. I run 60psi in mine..

IMG_0790.JPG

Back