• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My first thoughts on the new Yamaha DuPont hyfax.

snownutz

Expert
Just put 500 miles on probably the worse conditions possible, bare thin and icy trails. They had very minimal wear at all after the trip. We had to replace hyfax on the other two sleds that rode with me after the trip. So I am super happy with them so far but I guess time will tell how it affects track clip wear.

Great to hear! Just put mine on and am headed up Friday to hit the low snow trails. Hope I have the same reults.

Snownutz, are you currently running stock idler wheels? Have you added extra idlers? larger idlers?

I'm running mostly Oft billet wheels. Last trip I wore a set of hyfax out on only 200+ miles with better conditions. So it's a pretty good comparison on the same set up.

sliders

Does your track need to be fully clipped to run the dupont sliders? I'm still running the stock ripsaw with a track clip every third and wondered if the duponts would work. Thanks.

I believe the hyfax's will wear more without being fully clipped, that is why I fully clipped my track this off season.

BordnBill said:
I believe the hyfax's will wear more without being fully clipped, that is why I fully clipped my track this off season.

Yep, the Vespel material is mostly frictionless against steel, not vulcanized rubber. It's made to run cool against the track clips.

Have you taken a look at your clips for any discolouring? If they dont effect the clips at all, im heading to the store to get me some!! :Rockon:

Back