• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a new suit, what do you use?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
Just switched over to Yamaha, and am now in the market for a new suit. I don't really want to be a cross dresser since I come from Doo. Currently I have the Doo X-Team suit which I love since it is so light and warm (only wear my tek-vest and t-shirt) even on the coldest days. What do you use? There are so many options and prices I don't want to waste money on something I regret buying. I'm a flatlander rider that will go out in any condition, and ya, my windshield offers no protection which I have to consider also.

Why switch if you like what you have? Wait till the Doo stuff wears out then get something new.

I run 2 suits depending on the temperature. My yamaha suit is great until it gets really cold <0deg. Really cold riding I have a Castle Charge suit.

Tip: Get black - it goes with everything.

Klim , FXR & Motorfist should do ya. Me I would wear doo stuff no one really cares it is all about you & what you want. I wore my doo stuff for along time after I bought my Attak because it worked well....now I'm an FXR guy black on black in black with black Apex XTX. lol

i went klim. i have 3 older outfits and the klim feels the lightest out of all of them. 2nd closest is my coldwave jacket with a set of leather bibs. i do have a set of yamaha leathers but they are heavy.

I use Choko gear which is about 2/3 the price of the best stuff out there but it performs like the best. During our -11F ride last year I stayed warm even on my Nytro.

The best advice I can give is to stay away from branded stuff if it bothers you to not match. Saves you the hassle that you are going through if you decide to change again. Black with minimal factory logos, or black from a non factory brand.

My first gear was Cat to match my '96 Pantera. Learned the hard way. The Cat bibs are plain enough, but a bit snug and nowhere near the modern technology. I added a Coldwave leather jacket that works OK, but again a bit snug after 15+ yrs and poor collar. I'm working on a Klim setup now.

Back