• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New defective XS 825

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
4D29F7A9-E773-4C9E-92F7-9300AF5FE59B.jpeg
E1ECD6AB-3640-41E4-BE1D-B79E2F149EF9.jpeg

Check your new belts thoroughly. My new XS 825 from Shadetree through Amazon had a bad crack. Would have blown for sure. My money was promptly returned and I ordered a new one. Hopefully the new one will be good!

My two straight from ShadeTree themselves look good, thanks for the heads up. Amazon may have smashed it or something. One thing about Amazon, the stuff gets beat up bad and never is packed good.

Amazon must pay a boatload for beat up goods. My last package from them ended up half ripped opened and thrown on my driveway. Its unreal how poorly Amazon does for handling & packing.

Always get mine from OEMcycles on ebay and he always uses a proper size box and packing so cant get hurt.

That almost looks like it got "back bent".

Dan

Always get mine from OEMcycles on ebay and he always uses a proper size box and packing so cant get hurt.

That almost looks like it got "back bent".

Dan
Or, utility knife got stuck into it?

I got mine from 4th gear off amazon ca 3 belts no issues packaged well and fast.

Well we’re not off to a good start here. I checked my belt and it was fine when new, my Track hasn’t even hit the ground yet and I have a chunked out a new xs825!

I have 10 miles on this belt, on the stand, just breaking it in and heat cycling it three times so far. It’s never been bent backwards or abused in anyway yet, it reminds me of the old XTX that would crack and chunk out in only one days use! It looks like it’s going to be pretty darn brittle if you ask me, just like the old XTX was for a year or two.

None to happy for a belt that hasn’t even hit the snow yet.

5C1A50E7-6AB1-4107-8DA9-E34ACFD01EBA.jpeg

I used the old Carlisle XS 825 and new Timken xs 825 last year with good results and i never broke either one of them if i recall. I switched it out for a while when i tried the 8DN. I ordered from Shade Tree as well. Hope they all aren't bad

Well we’re not off to a good start here. I checked my belt and it was fine when new, my Track hasn’t even hit the ground yet and I have a chunked out a new xs825!

I have 10 miles on this belt, on the stand, just breaking it in and heat cycling it three times so far. It’s never been bent backwards or abused in anyway yet, it reminds me of the old XTX that would crack and chunk out in only one days use! It looks like it’s going to be pretty darn brittle if you ask me, just like the old XTX was for a year or two.

None to happy for a belt that hasn’t even hit the snow.
That sucks! Hope we don’t have a problem here!

None to happy for a belt that hasn’t even hit the snow yet.

View attachment 151474
That sucks! Hope they all don’t have a problem!

Looks like they have a shelf life.

Shelf life? Its brand new from ShadeTree only one week ago! Has 10 miles on it on the stand only!

That sucks! Hope they all don’t have a problem!

I also noticed it running up and down in the secondary, which leads me to believe there are wide and narrow spots in the belt as well, I thought my secondary was bent, so I stuck the Viper secondary on and it acted the same with up and down in the secondary. I'll have to measure it, but am certain its not cut perfect the whole way around. I've seen this before on belts that have no QC. I put the second XS825 on that I bought and its not as bad, but it is similar with the up and down, so its not consistent in width either. My 8DN's have none of this up and down in the secondary at all, so they are cut perfectly.

My fear is this belt acts like it's made of glass and will be prone to cracking, just like what happened to the Dayco XTX belts for quite some time a few years back.

Back