• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

NLVMAX, is that the std. windshield bag? I got one as well, figured I'd put the foat pump in there. I just held it up to the opening and didn't think it would be close. Guess I should try again. Also, when they put your extro drivers on, how much did they trim the rail tips?

An idea I have regarding the windshield bag is to somehow relocate the speedometer unit closer to the handlebars or maybe to the bars like the Phazers. This would free up a whole lot of space for a larger storage bag behind the windshield. What do y'all think?

LJ 452 said:
NLVMAX, is that the std. windshield bag? I got one as well, figured I'd put the foat pump in there. I just held it up to the opening and didn't think it would be close. Guess I should try again. Also, when they put your extro drivers on, how much did they trim the rail tips?

Windshield Bag Part # SMA-8GL21-20-00
Pump will fit in there no problem. Regarding the drivers, tips were
not trimmed.
Oh by the way, I have the same wheels as you ordered. ;)!
Nice pics of your sled. Where did you get your skis?

Grimm, that is a good idea (relocate the speedometer closer to the handlebars) and I think some guys have done it. For me I might be rigging up something in that area for a GPS.

LJ 452 said:

I thought you were giving it to me!!! WTF??? :die

skyboz said:
LJ 452 said:

I thought you were giving it to me!!! WTF??? :die

"Give" is a strong word, I told you I don't think it fits, but I guess it does. I'll have to revisit the install.

NLVMAX said:
Regarding the drivers, rail tips were
not trimmed.
Oh by the way, I have the same wheels as you ordered. ;)!
Nice pics of your sled. Where did you get your skis?

Skis were direct from Curves. Had USI's on the Apex last year, figured I'll give these a try this year.

Is there no concern with the rails contacting the tips? I thought trimming the tips had to be done? Anyone else have any idea? It's one of the main reasons I didn't go with extros right off the bat, figured I would wait and see if it's that bad.

couple things:
Yes you can use the Phazer speedo bracket but you'll have to splice into the extention wiring harness and lengthen it about 8 inches and drill a hole through your riser (pretty simple stuff) then your speedo is much easier to see and change when needed.

Also Be very carefull when tuning in those agressive skis. While they will corner much better than the stock skis they also will exagerate all incorrect adjustments! Take it ieasy until you have it dialed in!

Moved the speedo early in the season last year.
11-07033.jpg

Little closer look.
11-07032.jpg

lol nice face plant into the bars busting both my new Klim F4 and my wifes GPS! Speedo faired fine!
11-07043.jpg

Moving the speedo freed up a lot of room infront of the bars!
DCP_3666.jpg

DCP_3665.jpg

08NitroRTX said:
Also Be very carefull when tuning in those agressive skis. While they will corner much better than the stock skis they also will exagerate all incorrect adjustments! Take it ieasy until you have it dialed in!

I plan on doing a TON of tunning this year. Hopefully the snow gods will be good to us in MI and I'll be able to have a track in the back 40. Get some good variety, studders, large 2-3 footers, it ended up looking like a snocross track last year, of coarse with out the jumps but the layout gave a good variety to get some adjustments made, then hopefully fine tune in the trails.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Very nice,Any performance mods?

Actually I consider the track and drivers a significant mod. Guys, with these drivers from Avid you can adjust your track so the tops of the rubber nubbins on the inside of your track are even with the bottom of the Hyfax. With your sled on a stand so the track is hung. I'm going to leave it for now until I get the track broke in a bit. When it loosens up abit.
Find out more about this perfomance mod here
http://www.avid-products.com/3inch_pitc ... rivers.htm
More to come!

ROX RISERS

Finished Installing my Rox Risers 7/8"x7/8". Got them from http://www.advdesigns.net/roxadhabarri.html I'm 6' and wanted the little extra height. This is a 15-20 minute procedure with no cable issues. If you experience any tension on the trottle cable, you can relieve that by cutting any cable ties stopping the cables from moving. Wasn't an issue here.
I'm pretty sure others have posted pics of this mod so I won't go into detail any more. Just a couple pics.
12mm socket and wrench with a 6mm hex and your laughin.
IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

Cap will go on but it's stayin off on this one.

Can the stock plastic handlebar cap still be used with the Rox riser in place?

NLVMAX said:
I'm planning to mount a gps in that vicinity so I'm not puttin it back on.

I've been planning the same thing. Where's the best price you're buying your GPS mount from? I'm looking at GPSCity.ca

Back