• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

A- arm protectors

Jason @ http://www.muffinworksltd.com/ just emailed me with a couple of pics of the A-arm protectors. Prototypes are made up for the Nytro. Info and pics will be on the site soon. Thought I'd post the pics on this thread. I am getting a set Powder Coated white. Far as I know, they are the only ones who are offering this color for the Nytro now.

a-arm_2.jpg

a-arm_1.jpg

Thanks guys. Count me in. ;)!

Started Install of Trail Tank from http://www.ulmerracing.com/

Remove plastic covers on rear. Couple 10mm bolts and a couple plastic pop grommets.
IMG_3078.jpg

Remove a couple more bolts and seat comes off. Well on the way now.
IMG_3088.jpg

I took out a bunce of grommets to remove the side panels. No use for these side panels with the TrailTank install.
IMG_3089.jpg

Time to siphon out the gas out of OEM tank. Look more platic poppers. LOL.
IMG_3116.jpg

more pics later...

Remove 2 nuts(12mm) holding tank down.

IMG_3130.jpg

This is the Fuel gauge sending unit, un-hook that.
IMG_3133.jpg

Remove the six nuts(10mm) holding the Fuel Pump and remove carefully. I just put this on a rag in bag and laid it up by Speedo. Oh, those o-rings expand almost instantly. TT comes with new ones anyway.

IMG_3137.jpg

Now I removed the tank. You've seen this before but here it is again. Only this time it's mine. :-o
IMG_3150.jpg

Well here she sits for the night. Don't you just love takin things apart! Not even a mile on her.
IMG_3151.jpg

After work tomorrow I plan to put the fuel pump on the TrailTank along with the sending unit and get this put back on.
Just imagine, all this gotta come off again when the exhaust arrives. LOL.

cool awsome pictures. MY trail tanks is waiting in my garage. My SE has still not arrived. 3 weeks ago the yamah rep told me it would be here this week. I hope thats the case

stinx said:
cool awsome pictures. MY trail tanks is waiting in my garage. My SE has still not arrived. 3 weeks ago the yamah rep told me it would be here this week. I hope thats the case

Thanks stinx. Shouldn't be long now for your machine. Hope to see some pics up here.

I just came in from the Garage (Trail tank install). I transferred the fuel gauge sending unit to the new tank(screws 2.9 ft/lbs). Didn't put the fuel pump in just yet.
I was curious how the tank would fit because I have heard of problems. It was tight but I had no problems. Installed tank then seat and holes lined up perfect and bolted on. I was impressed.
No trouble to tell that a lot of time has gone into this tank. Thanks.

I'm actully leaving it off now because I'm installing a Temp gauge. Need to get @ the rad hose behind tank. I did quite a bit of research on gauges and I went with the Electric Auto meter C2. Thanks to Yamahammer485 who helped me out.

7155_650.jpg

Description from site: Stepper motor meter movement with full sweep Precision senders to keep hazardous fluids out of the driver compartment Size of the C2 full sweep electric water temperature gauge is 2-1/16 (52.4mm) C2 full sweep electric water temperature gauge reads from 100 degree F to 260 degree F

I ordered from http://www.ulmerracing.com/ the water temp sensor hose adaptor to hook up the gauge and ordered the gauge holder he has.

Like to know what others are going with for mounting these Analog gauges. Any info would be appreciated.

clear trail tank

Installed two clear trail tanks today. fairly easy and straight forward. My only tip is to make sure when sliding the tank in place get it as far forward as possible. That way all the cowling pieces fit together nicely.
For our race I'm concerned about losing the little knobs that hold all the plastic parts for the trail tank. I went to Lowes today and found some with bigger heads on them to carry for spares. The larger heads may be easier to handle with gloves on. Just another idea is all. The Trail Tank is defiantly a nice and easy add on. Great bang for the buck..

Attachments

• trail tank, stock tank.jpg
    trail tank, stock tank.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Tank off.JPG
    Tank off.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 287
  • trail tanks rear.jpg
    trail tanks rear.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Trail Tank side view.JPG
    Trail Tank side view.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 318
Trail tanks

What are you going about the blue tabs that aren't covered when you put your new tank on? Are you going to leave as is or modify them? If you do modify could you post pics? Thanks

Re: Trail tanks

switch said:
What are you going about the blue tabs that aren't covered when you put your new tank on? Are you going to leave as is or modify them? If you do modify could you post pics? Thanks

The chance of actually putting the stock tank back on is minimal so I will most likely modify it. I'm sure there is someone that has a closeup pic of this for you. When mine is done I'll post some pics. Just waiting on my gauge now.

Added my 12 Volt DC kit. Just a couple pics here. Nice Rumble
has an awesome description on this. The thread is at the bottom.

IMG_3026.jpg

Easy Install. Hardest part is going to Yamaha and paying for it. This is already pre-wired on your sled so all you have to do is find the connector which is on the Clutch side below radiator. I put the terminal in place and tightened the plastic nut under it. Remove butt connector and go ahead and connect the two.
IMG_3020.jpg

Bingo
IMG_3038.jpg

I will post pics of the GPS mounted to the riser block(I think) when ever it gets here.

Nice Rumble has a detailed thread of the 12Volt DC Kit on his XTX.
Here it is:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15
;)!

Re: Trail tanks

NLVMAX said:
switch said:

The chance of actually putting the stock tank back on is minimal so I will most likely modify it. I'm sure there is someone that has a closeup pic of this for you. When mine is done I'll post some pics. Just waiting on my gauge now.

Added my 12 Volt DC kit. Just a couple pics here. Nice Rumble
has an awesome description on this. The thread is at the bottom.

IMG_3026.jpg

Easy Install. Hardest part is going to Yamaha and paying for it. This is already pre-wired on your sled so all you have to do is find the connector which is on the Clutch side below radiator. I put the terminal in place and tightened the plastic nut under it. Remove butt connector and go ahead and connect the two.
IMG_3020.jpg

Bingo
IMG_3038.jpg

I will post pics of the GPS mounted to the riser block(I think) when ever it gets here.

Nice Rumble has a detailed thread of the 12Volt DC Kit on his XTX.
Here it is:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15
;)!

What kind of camera do you have? Your pics look really nice SLR?

Back