• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Suspension issue, major droop

So I greased up the skid and put it back in the sled.

So with it sitting on the garage floor, no dollies it still seems to sag.

With a tape measure, to the top of the rear bumper, on the side where the bumper ends from the garage floor. Torsion springs set to heavy.

With the suspension fully lifted and held up 27"
Let go and the suspension sags 25"
With my 200 lb son sitting on it 22"
When my son got off the machine 22.5"

Sagging 2 inches does not bother me, but I think it is strange that the machine does not come up more than 1/2" when my son got off the machine. So when you get off the machine and pick up the back bumper it goes up 4.5". Is this normal?

One other thing to add, when my son is sitting on the machine, the pivot arms are on the white blocks at the rear.

Watching this YouTube video on Yamaha Suspension they recommend that with a rider on the machine there should be 9-15 mm between the pivot arm and the white block.

I am looking at the front coil over shock and the front limiter strap.

The limiter strap is tight and is in the longest position.

The front coil over is not set very tight. There are 2 cms of threads showing about the adjustable collar. If I tighten up the collar and increase the preload on the front coil over, might this help?

sledding.jpg

isnt the point of the setup to not fully spring back up to the top of the shock to have that play of up and down for travel? if it always went back up to the top it would just ride stiff as hell.. mine has play but when it rests on the tortion spring tension it still has plenty downwards suspension that i cant bottom out with my own weight.

isnt the point of the setup to not fully spring back up to the top of the shock to have that play of up and down for travel? if it always went back up to the top it would just ride stiff as hell.. mine has play but when it rests on the tortion spring tension it still has plenty downwards suspension that i cant bottom out with my own weight.

Yes I agree with the overall idea. The top 2" of drop seems fine, but I think a sled should come back up once a 200 lb person gets off of the machine. This machine only came up 1/2" when my son got off the sled. And the pivot arms are on the white blocks without any weight on the machine.

I will also be one of the guys to talk about the star kit. I had terrible sag and i thought my shock was done! I put the kit on and it's maybe 2" at the most. It's tough to go through with it, but after you have the kit you won't regret it. I haven't heard any negative yet.

I looked up the Star kit, tough website for an English speaking guy.

What does the Star kit contain?

I have a 121" with a 144" Hartman extension. I wonder if that changes it.

Sent from my office
using Tapatalk

I will also be one of the guys to talk about the star kit. I had terrible sag and i thought my shock was done! I put the kit on and it's maybe 2" at the most. It's tough to go through with it, but after you have the kit you won't regret it. I haven't heard any negative yet.
would you say you had like 4-5 inches of sag before?

at least.... my snow flap would ride on the ground most of the time. Backing up< i used to run over it. Put the kit on and just went for a ride, no sag anymore. Everything seems to be working great. So far worth the $300, I haven't looked back.

Korey

at least.... my snow flap would ride on the ground most of the time. Backing up< i used to run over it. Put the kit on and just went for a ride, no sag anymore. Everything seems to be working great. So far worth the $300, I haven't looked back.

Korey
You ride an xtx?

Back