• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Suspension issue, major droop

Ok same, a 2012 and it's pretty bad but my flap is still like 4 or 5 inches from the ground, but I just feel like it rides to low, my rear spring only has like 2 inches or less of thread left but it still seems so soft, torsion springs also on hard, idk. Dealer just said it was normal for the xtx's and they tightened my suspension more, just hate when I get all that ice and snow in the tunnel also and how it puts even more weight on it. Maybe I'll look into one of those kits once the Canadian dollar is better haha, I think I'll deal with it this winter

Ok same, a 2012 and it's pretty bad but my flap is still like 4 or 5 inches from the ground, but I just feel like it rides to low, my rear spring only has like 2 inches or less of thread left but it still seems so soft, torsion springs also on hard, idk. Dealer just said it was normal for the xtx's and they tightened my suspension more, just hate when I get all that ice and snow in the tunnel also and how it puts even more weight on it. Maybe I'll look into one of those kits once the Canadian dollar is better haha, I think I'll deal with it this winter
The Star kit is in Canadian dollars. Star is in Quebec.

I do , the kit works great . Save up your money and do the shock rebuild also . I think the whole kit was 600 bucks. That's was with the center spring ,if your weight is 195 and above. :sled2:

What does the $300 Star Kit include?

I tried using Google Translate but it still is not clear what they are doing or selling.

Do you need to ship your shocks to them?

I have emailed Star Suspension but have not heard back yet.

http://www.starsuspensions.com/XTXA.htm

There's the link don't even think about it just do it. It's so easy to install if you can pull the skid you can do the kit instructions are easy to understand. I didn't do the shocks and mine still rode nice. And with the hygear torsion sprig spacers it'll be a new sled.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes I agree with the overall idea. The top 2" of drop seems fine, but I think a sled should come back up once a 200 lb person gets off of the machine. This machine only came up 1/2" when my son got off the sled. And the pivot arms are on the white blocks without any weight on the machine.
ohh yea id say myself theres some issues there. i know the shock isnt what brings the sled up, the tortion springs do. maybe your springs are just weak..

i f
Yes I agree with the overall idea. The top 2" of drop seems fine, but I think a sled should come back up once a 200 lb person gets off of the machine. This machine only came up 1/2" when my son got off the sled. And the pivot arms are on the white blocks without any weight on the machine.
i figured id mention as well iv been told before by other guys iv met on the trails say the "W" arm sometimes cracks or bends.. maybe theres an issue around yours and i
figured id mention im 150 pounds and my tortion springs are set to high, it doesnt really move all that much when i get on it but when im on the trail it rides fine for me. i can lift it up and its got play but when it goes back down it sits decently high up and deffinitely off the white stops.

Bought a used Nytro MTX SE skid for $450. and mounted that onto my stock XTX rails, works fantastic and saved me 12 pounds. The post is on here somewhere (mounting MTX SE Skid on XTX rails) Zero sag now

Well the leaves are starting to change up here. Snow cannot be far away.

I ordered Hygear spacers to start the process again of getting some of the droop out of my Nytro.........

Back