• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shock not in perfect center of a-arm

Mine also right side difference of about 1/8", looked at 2 other Nytro's same thing. Could this be a manufacturing thing or related to bushings being shot as I know mine are do to be chagned?

What will happen to the subframe if you use the prybar trick if its only the a-arm that is bent? Wont the subframe bend where the a-arms are mounted?

LACKI77....not sure but i straighten mine.took it to the u.p did 350 miles.jumped a creek smashing into the other side of the bank,ditched banged,and mine was still straight.i thought for sure that it would of bent when i hit the bank on the creek i jumped i hit so hard allmost went over the bars but it was still good.i dont think it the a-arm that bends its the subframe bending where the arms mount.check the circle cut out on the bottom of the frame if its bent it will be warped in that area usually

off center shock

I just picked up a 08 nytro fx w/ 2200 miles. When I brought it home I noticed that my right side front shock spring was actually rubbing against the arm. It appears to be pushed back, compared to the left side. It still rides straight. Guess Ill try the pry bar trick first...

I have checked the bottom plate of the subframe and no signs of any warp there. Guess I will try to straighten it and see if it holds up during this weekend. Another weird thing I discovered is that it looks like the shock springs have actually rubbed agains the upper a-arm in the back. How is that possible?

the upper a-arms are soft like butter!!!!!!!!
i just straight the a-arms with the bar trick and realy pay attention to what was moving!!!!
i will find a way to gusset them i think

I have been fighting the same problem on both my upper control arms all season. We had a lot of wind early season and the plowed fields were bare. I also installed new carbides this year. I am 110% sure that the carbides were catching on stuff and because my lower balljoints and upper a arm bushings were wiped out that the play in the spindles was causing the upper arms to bend from the leverage. You could actually watch it when you ride, so I am sure that is the issue.

I took it into the dealer and they claim up and down it was my bulkhead that was bent, which they replaced under warranty. They also did the lower balljoints. They would not cover the upper control arms or the control arm bushings...BULLSHIT in my opionin. Not the dealer's fault, but YAMAHA!!! If worn out parts that are covered under warranty cause other parts to wear or break, then all parts should be covered.

I bent back both control arms before the fix. The left side didn't stay and bent back. So when everything new was installed and tight, the one I bent back should have been too far forward and the one that was touching should have been centered. WRONG. the one I bent back was perfect and the one touching still touched. So the dealer's response now was that the lower control arms are bent. They look fine to me. Take a look at your lowers, they are beefy as heck. It takes a LOT to bend them. I should also mention, I have not hit anything, just rode rough fields with a worn out front end.

Yamaha can stick their warranty up somewhere dark. Sure they put new parts on my sled, but they didn't fix the problem.

This summer I am removing my uppers and reinforcing them, powercoating them and putting them back on. Buying new ones, they will just bend again anyway.

Yamaha, you need to make better upper control arms. With the ball joint and bushing issues, they are not strong enough.

Why is it you go into any dealer and they all tell you the same thing. We haven't seen this before. That is not a common problem. WTF? Do you ever work on Yamaha Sleds mr Yamaha Dealer? We have two XTXs and one RTX and they all had exactly the same problems....exhaust clamps, ball joints, radiator mount, bushings.

ya it's like the dealers are scared to do some work and get paid by the oem.that will put a dealer out of bussiness,warranty work is easy money if they have a guy in service that nows what he is doing

I have tweaked mine a few times. this last one, had a kid ram me on a corner and I ended up clipping a tree trying to get out of the way. was enough to dent the a arm. shock was almost rubbing. plate was wrinkled. hooked a chain from lower ball joint to a tree and rammed several times in reverse until several measurements looked good. had a trip days later, so I copied griztracks mod. did it without taking anything apart. not the prettiest, but has stayed straight for 700mi of hard riding

Attachments

• 000_6098.jpg
    000_6098.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 174
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the frame bending after installing my mod and I know there's a lot of reinforced frames out there. I got over 2000 miles of some hard riding in this past season without bending the frame. It's the first season since buying my Nytro I won't need to replace the subframe.

A TY member sent me a tweaked 09 frame that I'll be straightening and reinforcing. I'll post pictures of the repair for those who are interested in repairing their frame instead of buying new.

I was riding behind a friend who had an 08 Nytro FX and he caught a rail connector with his left carbide. it bent the sub frame and both A arms. The insurance estimate was $4500. I bought the sled for $1k (what the dealer was going to give him on trade) and found the parts between here and ebay for just under $1k including the oilite front end bushing kit and bronze lower ball joint kit. Now I'm turning out new ski bolt bushings as there is a lot of play in that area. The sled is back together and the front end should be as tight as ever when it's done. I also did Grizzlies mod to the front end which I hope keeps me from bending the subframe again. I can sure see where it will help it's a great mod thanks Grizz for the idea.

Tim[/img]

bend my upper a-arms going to reinforce them some how ... You can jump, beat the sh## out of it then hit some thing slow when you are tuning and bam bent ... Subframe is good thanks to grizztracks never had any problems with that

grizztracks said:
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the frame bending after installing my mod and I know there's a lot of reinforced frames out there. I got over 2000 miles of some hard riding in this past season without bending the frame. It's the first season since buying my Nytro I won't need to replace the subframe.

A TY member sent me a tweaked 09 frame that I'll be straightening and reinforcing. I'll post pictures of the repair for those who are interested in repairing their frame instead of buying new.

Please do!!! I know mine is a little out of whack, so I'll be looking to straighten it this summer before welding in the reinforcements.

Jeff

Back