• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers on the Tuner Ski

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
2012 Vector (wifes)
I know its been asked but I see no answers. Has anyone tried them on the tuner? I looks like you need to drill holes to mount the front bolt on the fins. Hate to do it without a improvement in darting. Any one using them on a Tuner ski?

What year tuner ski? How did you have it set up with carbides & are you saying tuners darted? Aggressive Snow Trackers don't dart at all on 2012 stock skis & turns on rails. I often thought what I would do on Apex equipped stock with tuners might have to change to single keel stockers with STs? I would not want to go thru learning curve so wondering how tuners worked on on newer Apex.

I have two sets of tuners I bought for my 11 apex and a set for wife's 12 vector . The Tuners are a big improvement over the standard ski for darting but still dart somewhat. I have several setups I have used with different carbides on the inside and out but all dart to a certain extent. My wife following me drops into the tuner track I leave and she darts a lot (I even tried with no carbide for her). I want to try snowtrackers and I can put them on my standard skis but I thought with 2 snowtrackers carbides per tuner ski and the rails might be better than the stock ski with a standard snowtracker setup. Just looking for someone that has went though the effort on the tuner.

Yeah same info I'm looking for regarding tuners & STs. I can say that STs on single keel 2012 apex xtx ski eliminates all darting Bergstrom triple points did not buddies stud boy duece bars still darted too but less than triple points. I Hope STs on tuners are as good as they are on yamaha single keel skis & let us know if you do it.

Put tuner skis and 6 inch carbides on my 2012 Venture GT and that is a barge. Darting improved 100%. Then put on, just snow tracker runners, and the darting all but disappeared. Really corners well for a big top heavy machine. They bolt right on the tuners.

I'd love to see some pictures from someone who put ST's on the tuner skis, curious to see how those look.

Here's a pic
image.jpeg

They work just as good as the single keel ST.. Darting is all gone.

How much do these snowtrackers go for? Per pair? I see they have agressive or semi agressive on website but no pricing. These are made for tuner ski? Specific fit?

On my Venture GT, which is big and top heavy but a Caddy to ride, I put on the tuner skis with just the snow tracker runners (4), Yamaha PN, SMA 194071000. Tried full snow trackers but the machine is top heavy and would plow into the corners and grab to the point of tipping, not a nice feeling. With just the snow tracker runners she rails into the corners and has very, very little darting depending on the conditions They are a direct bolt on to the tuner ski and are about $90 in Canada. :sled2::-o

On my Venture GT, which is big and top heavy but a Caddy to ride, I put on the tuner skis with just the snow tracker runners (4), Yamaha PN, SMA 194071000. Tried full snow trackers but the machine is top heavy and would plow into the corners and grab to the point of tipping, not a nice feeling. With just the snow tracker runners she rails into the corners and has very, very little darting depending on the conditions They are a direct bolt on to the tuner ski and are about $90 in Canada. :sled2::-o

Ok these are what I am running now on my tuners I just was confused, thanks for the explanation.

What do you mean you are running just the snow tracker runners?

The best option is to get rid of the dual keel ski's and put ST's on the older single keel ski's. Much less push and no tracking! Dual keel's are notorious for push!

Back