• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STOPPED GROOMING

Best thing to do is send the President of your local club an E-mail or a letter. CCopy the OFSC to let them know your concerns as well. Permits are good till the end of April. So there should be no excuses as long as they have the right snow/weather/temp conditions, to groom. Like pat the rat said there is a good system of distributing money throughout the province, so running out of money is no excuse. Let the Club in your area know your concerns and also let the OFSC know them as well. That is the only way these issues will be dealt with.

One of our northern clubs with few members and 400 miles to groom have stopped because they are out of money. :o| There still dragging in my area Western Quebec, near the Ontario border. :-o

were in temiskaming but on the ontario side,trails are in top shape,i cant believe we have another weekend of riding coming,last year i picked up my trail signage on the 3rd of march,what a difference this year

Kyzer,

I have spent countless hours behind the helm of a Tucker Sno-Cat and a few hours operating a BR-180. I guess what I was telling you was for you to get educated (in spelling and in grammer). Call your club, offer to go out in the groomer as a rider to assist, help with summer trail work. Don't wait for a phone call. Get involved and be part of the solution. One thing is for sure, you won't get smoother trails by pissing and moaning on here. You'll have to make a greater effort if there is a problem, and who knows, did you ask if the groomer is broke down? Possibly ask if you can help wth repairs???? Sometimes you may have to think of more than your own riding pleasure to help with the big picture.

On a side note, we have over a 12 foot base in areas.............. and they have stopped grooming. We spent everything we had plus some!!!! I bet there is a reason for your groomer stopping too........

I might need to be educated but you need to learn to read as one of my last posts says I tried to get information to join , I buy my trail passes at the clubhouse so when I am there I talk to them , what do you want me to do just steal the groomer....

No, but maybe your attitude puts the club membersoff to asking you to help. Bottom line here. Have you called to see what is going on with grooming, or are you just complaining on here?

kyzer said:
I was wondering how many places has stopped grooming there trails..Are club stopped grooming on the 16th , when I called and asked why they would stop grooming they said they were waiting for more snow????????? We still have over 1.5 feet of snow on the trails with no rocks, creek beds, stumps showing etc..It has been getting warm in the afternoon but it still goes down to -15 - -20c at night .... We have at least 2-3 more weeks of good riding....As weather permits ...I don't get it..I am ready to blow a fuse but I figured I would get more input from other members before I make this issue very public around town.....

I live in the Sault and it's absolute bullshit. I try to call and never get an answer.. Some of the trails have not been groomed since Mar 8,2008 (airport road). There is no reason for it. It's like they just don't want to do it. They wonder why people alway's complain about the prices of permits. I personally believe that they should move the club house back to Allen side road, where they can can groom the trails longer, because there is alway's more snow on all the other trails, then the city link. The city link usually has a 1 foot of base at best and when it's gone, then they won't go out anymore especially when there is lots of snow everywhere else, because they can't get the groomers to the good trails because the city link is down to the mud. It's a dumb spot for it. They need to move somewhere more north of the city, like Hayden area, where the heart of the snow is.

Vmax4 said:
Kyzer,

I have spent countless hours behind the helm of a Tucker Sno-Cat and a few hours operating a BR-180. I guess what I was telling you was for you to get educated (in spelling and in grammer). Call your club, offer to go out in the groomer as a rider to assist, help with summer trail work. Don't wait for a phone call. Get involved and be part of the solution. One thing is for sure, you won't get smoother trails by pissing and moaning on here. You'll have to make a greater effort if there is a problem, and who knows, did you ask if the groomer is broke down? Possibly ask if you can help wth repairs???? Sometimes you may have to think of more than your own riding pleasure to help with the big picture.

On a side note, we have over a 12 foot base in areas.............. and they have stopped grooming. We spent everything we had plus some!!!! I bet there is a reason for your groomer stopping too........

You are supporting it by buying a permit. They have my number, when I buy a permit and I have never been called for winter or fall projects. I would gladly go if I have the time. I can't go out everytime, but once in a while, I can make it. I have 2 little kids and a baby siter is hard to come by. If they want help, pick up the damn phone... None of us are mind readers. If they don't call, then I guess they don't need volunteers and everything is fine.

As far as the fuel thing... The money that was not used up in fuel for the last three years, should be there, unless they used it on other things, since the last 3 winters have sucked bad. I don't think, they spent it all then.

Once again if you would have read my other posts you would know that I have called ...My attitude only changes when stupid #*$&@ like this happens..I have seen groomer operator on the trail they get out and chat with us for a bit and we tell them how nice the trails are and how good of a job they are doing..
It's sicko attitudes like a few people on here that are the problem they think that because I bought a trail pass I have to buy a groomer, volunteer all my time to the trails to earn the right to complain,,,BULLSHIT I paid money for my permit so that gives me 180 reasons to complain...I don't bitch about the $180- $250 price of a pass..But if the weather is good I think they should be grooming, Period ...

I agree and I'm on your side.... I read that you called, I was just mentioning that I called as well...

I hear ya sled freak I was referring to another post that just doesn't seem to understand my whole point of this post ....If this keeps on happening and the trail club keeps on pissing people off two things are going to happen, trail pass sales are going to drop, they will be forced to raise the price of the passes ... Trail pass sales will get so low that there is no money to groom the trails, and the sport that WE ALL love will be gone .........

again i will repeat,somebody is not doing there job in that club,overhere there is a shortage of volunteers so if one was to call us to donate some time towards the trail,he would be very welcomed,we are about 5 guys that do signage for 300 km of trail,ya 5,its alot of work,but after all is done and you see a bunch of people enjoying youre work its rewarding,if no one is willing to call you to assign you some volunteer duties,well that says it all

OK, so you called. What did they tell you the reason was that grooming had ended?

Back