• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STOPPED GROOMING

Vmax4 said:
OK, so you called. What did they tell you the reason was that grooming had ended?

They said they are trying to get out one last time, but the there was a lack of snow.... It's a joke, there is 3+ feet of snow here and hard packed. Yes, it is getting a little warm during the day, but the nights have been cooling off to -15 everynigh, so the trails are rock hard... Just bumpy... When I called yesterday, they said that because the groomer is 20,000lbs, that sometimes it does more harm then good. I felt like saying, so when the trail is soft in December and January, they don't have a problem going out. Just another line of B.S.

Cody,

Not everywhere is like where we live. People don't have tons of acreage of thier own or huge government and state/province owned lands where you are allowed off trail. Mostly trail riding in the east. Not only that, but the amount of snow they normally get is a fraction of the west and the mountains. They got lots this year, but most got nearly double the yearly average.

SledFreak,

Without seeing your conditions, I probably can't agree or dissagree with you. It is true however, once spring conditions start to occur, sometimes running the tracked vehicle and groomer of them, only makes the snow melt and go away faster. BUT, it is all dependant on conditions. You would like to think they are the experts, but from your stance it sounds like they are the dumbies. I can not agree or dissagree from 3600 miles away..................

It's funny a little bit of bitching and the groomers were out today, awsome I am going for a ride

Take Care

Snowing, I too am going for a ride.............. without the groomer

Through the years we have lost a lot of non trail riding due to private property, logging etc..So I am very limited around town on where I can go, but once I hit he groom trails it opens up a lot more terrain.....

Not to rain on your parade, but the east will never have the back country areas the west does. And vice cersa, we will never have the groomed trails that interconnect so well as the east does. Just how it is.

iv never even seen a groomed trail in western canada i mean if u do that mise well ride down the gravvel road.. my friend moved form alberta and moved to whitehorse and he says theres groomed trails there and he rides his dirtbike on them in the winter.. so yeah thats not for me.

I don't see a person paying for a service should be made to feel guilty. He paid for a groomed trail for the last say five years and finally could ride one good year out and what does he get crap and it is turned around on him like he didn't do (HIS!!!) JOB? I don't know this person but he did pay for his right to run on a groomed trail and offered to help out even though he payed for the service. What he gets back is he isn't educated, I have alot to say about that but that really isn't the point the point is lets see what they did with their money from the past years?You can have an education but that doesn't mean you have common sense? Sorry question after a question .

When I register my car I don't expect every road in the state to be flat as a table and perfectly maintained. When I register my boat, I don't expect to have perfectly flat water to ski on everyday. Therefore buying a trail pass probably wouldn't guarantee flat trails from fall to spring. There are circumstances for everything in life, unless you are able to see through your own needs and desires, it seems like you might always be upset about someone elses short falls.

Still Grooming in Labrador City, and 2 week forcast is calling for snow 10 out of 14 days. Or thats what it was this morning anyway.

Did 170 miles yesterday on the best trails that I can remember,would have went again today but my chums are getting tired of sledding . :o| Snow and rain coming this week with mild temp. so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future brings here in Western Quebec .Happy trails!!! :drink:

Back