• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle position sensor

Hello, I need to find out what the resistance should be for the throttle position sensor at closed and open throttle. If anyone has a shop manual or knows how to set the throttle position sensor, that would be awesome ;)!

Here you go:Its in the manual.Seems they dont worry about the minimum.Odd.I would just look for skipped steps as you go through the range.If it makes a jump at anytime its junk.

Attachments

• tps.jpg
    tps.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 630
  • tps2.jpg
    tps2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 914
You can check the position in the diagnostic mode as well in the gauge cluster to see if the sensor is bad or out of adjustment. If memory serves me right it should be 14-18 at closed and 94-100 at wide open (this means throttle position).

Hi Guys,

Just curious here... Is this something you are checking for optimal engine performance? Or, was the engine not running right and you are troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Tom

No noticeable issue with mine but things do change with time.Cant hurt to check it.On our Cannondales min and max TPS settings are easily set and often they are off by a hair.Runs much better after a throttle cal.

Back