• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ultimax 3 belt vs. Stock

Nattydread

Extreme
I have read in Snow Tech that some are recommending the Ulitmax belt vs. the OEM yami belt, has anyone done it and have some feedback? I get slippage (squealing) with my stock belt currently when my 06 Nytro warms up...

The reason is the yamaha belts are a harder compound for durability and long life, downfall is they do tend to slip, dayco or carlisle belts are a softer compound than stock which means they do not slip. Snowtech has tested this and says this is a good upgrade. I keep the yammie belt for a spare. I always run ultimax belts. One thing I find is the Carlisle ultimax 3 is way over priced compared to the Dayco HPX. About thirty dollars more. I have never broken one on my SXR.

I run yami belts on my warrior... they squeel like a sob when new, but I have no problems with them.

I run the Ultimax XS belt and love it. The stock one will certainly last forever. But the performance from the Ultimax is much better. Less heat and less slipage.

I've current got about 2000 miles on the Ultimax. But I suspect that I will end up replacing sometime this winter. To me, the added performance is will worth the decrease in life. But I see a belt as a normal wear item - like carbides. I don't expect my belt to last forever.

gade-thrasher said:
I run the Ultimax XS belt and love it. The stock one will certainly last forever. But the performance from the Ultimax is much better. Less heat and less slipage.

I've current got about 2000 miles on the Ultimax. But I suspect that I will end up replacing sometime this winter. To me, the added performance is will worth the decrease in life. But I see a belt as a normal wear item - like carbides. I don't expect my belt to last forever.

Does you lose some RPM's with this belt?

Re: BELTS

grumpysanta said:
WASH NEW BELTS WITH HOT SOAPY WATER TO REMOVE FILM AND BREAK IN FOR AT LEAST 10 MILES EASY . IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERANCE

I put my new belts in the dishwasher without soap before I put them on!!!

Good Lord!!!! You mean you were just sitting around one day and said to yourself " I wonder what would happen if I put this in the dishwasher" I mean It's probably a great idea but the drugs you were on had to be the best / just kidding / I'm constantly amazed at the ideas that come across this site / isn't it just the best / later / jim-bob

I don't notice any loss of rpm. The performance gain I do notice is a better throttle response. I know this sounds weird ... because what does a belt have to do with the throttle? But what I mean is that when you nail the throttle, the track reacts faster. This is because the belt isn't slipping. And I've also switched from the stock to the Ultimax within the same day to see the results. By putting my hand on the clutch ... the Ultimax results in a cooler clutch than the stock.

gade-thrasher said:
I don't notice any loss of rpm. The performance gain I do notice is a better throttle response. I know this sounds weird ... because what does a belt have to do with the throttle? But what I mean is that when you nail the throttle, the track reacts faster. This is because the belt isn't slipping. And I've also switched from the stock to the Ultimax within the same day to see the results. By putting my hand on the clutch ... the Ultimax results in a cooler clutch than the stock.

:Rockon:

jim-bob said:
Good Lord!!!! You mean you were just sitting around one day and said to yourself " I wonder what would happen if I put this in the dishwasher" I mean It's probably a great idea but the drugs you were on had to be the best / just kidding / I'm constantly amazed at the ideas that come across this site / isn't it just the best / later / jim-bob

Crazy ain't it!!!! I got the idea from a friend who owns a drag racing team! He's been successful so I thought I would do it as well!! LOL!! My wife thinks I'm nuts, too!!!! ;)!

Back