• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's hot.. what's not?! 09 Yamaha Color & Graphics!

Don't particularly like the flames on the RTX they look artificial. The LTX series in my opinion has the best color schemes just love the RS Vector LTX with the blue on white hood.
Too many colors on one sled to me makes it look cheap. I want a sled that shows a little class, simple but well refined. ;)!

I thought the orange was a bold statement for the phazer. :Rockon:

The Vector colors are big improvement over the 08s.

As for the XTX, I picked the white one. Thought that it would stand out more, and if I decided on new decals, that I would have more options to go with, with a white sled.

As for the bold flames, to each their own.

As long as the sled runs and handles great, then who cares.

RR

The orange on black phazer I like. I love Yamaha blue but the 09 Phazer RTX with white/blue and black has been going sour the more I look at it. Just blue on black would look better IMO. I do like all the Nytro's this year but my favorite would be the all black that I paint brushed on my computer a couple weeks ago. Its probably a bit too plain for most but if I had bought a 09 RTX this is probably what I would have done. Maybe even wet sand and polish the tunnel. I just don't care for alot of graphics. I wish Yamaha would use just plain black rear outer idler wheels. Blue on black Apex GT's look good. The RS venture GT in Red looks nice too.

Attachments

• allblk.JPG
    allblk.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 134
Been very tired of blue for a while now! The white XTX would be great with a little more red in the graphics & wheels!
White Vector is good, but would be better with red & black graphics!
Orange is not for Yamaha & either is yellow!
I agree the flames are old now!
Last, but not least, the maroon on the Apex LTX SUCKS!
Please use red if you want red! Maroon is OK for two-ups & deluxe models, but not a Bad A$$ Trail sled!!!

BR

Superman said:
The orange on black phazer I like. I love Yamaha blue but the 09 Phazer RTX with white/blue and black has been going sour the more I look at it. Just blue on black would look better IMO. I do like all the Nytro's this year but my favorite would be the all black that I paint brushed on my computer a couple weeks ago. Its probably a bit too plain for most but if I had bought a 09 RTX this is probably what I would have done. Maybe even wet sand and polish the tunnel. I just don't care for alot of graphics. I wish Yamaha would use just plain black rear outer idler wheels. Blue on black Apex GT's look good. The RS venture GT in Red looks nice too.

I'm with you Superman. All black for my 09 Nytro RTX with minor yellow accents as a salut to my Doo roots. Will paint suspension arms and bumper black as well. Miss the black tunnel, way easier to maintain. Would like to find a cheaper way for an all black seat than the $200 OEM option. Some guys have talked about some kind of dye thing

I’m not a big fan of gray side panels or gray stripes on many seats. Gray on the seats has gotta go! Thank God I found a good black vinyl paint. I really like to see a good orange/black (not gray!) combo in the Apex or Nytro form. Also really like the black/red color combo of the 06 Apex RTX or 04 Viper S. Of course its always nice to have the traditional Yamaha blue as well. The white is nice, but the gray has gotta go. The black Nytro colors are also very nice, but yellow has gotta go. Maybe good marketing to have a bit of yellow for some options just to keep the doo converts happy, but keep the yellow limited.
Painting the plastic side pannels would also do wonders on any of the models.

Dan

I like the whiye xtx. I also wish they didn'thave the gray on the seat. All black would be better. I agree that the graphics on the white xtx could be more aggressive and I would take the red out completely.

Blue on Black sucks. I like the Nytro Black RTX SE, except the graphics are gay. THe gray on the seats blow. I'm not a fan of colour-full seats. All black with a small logo or name is nice, but that's it. No need to make it so bold. That's what junk A.C. does. I like the orange phazer. Even though Yamaha is recognized as the Blue team, I really thing anything that has Blue on Black is just bad.... If you are going to use Blue, go all out Blue then and a nicer Blue with mor emetallic and vibrant.

I think the white vectors are the hottest.... the black silver GT scheme is getting old, as is the flames on the rtx.... the nytro graphics are nice, i like both blue/white combos.... the nytro rtx black is a good look.

The phazer graphics are a hit too!!! gone is the grey plastics and both the white/blue and black/orange schemes look great on this sled.
\
thats my 2 cents....

Metallicat said:
I think the white / blue DBII sleds would look better with a white stripe across the seat (instead of the blue) and white front suspension arms with blue springs. Add in white side vents and the package is complete! As it is, there is too much blue IMHO. It looks to me like the the white main color is battling with blue for dominance and neither look fully in place. IMHO there should be a dominant background color with 1 or 2 accent colors to compliment the package, and in that respect I think the new sleds fail.

lol I did a quick fix in paint for ya. Gives you an idea.

Attachments

• yamaha.jpg
    yamaha.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,006

Back