• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's hot.. what's not?! 09 Yamaha Color & Graphics!

Did everybody get one of those sled color combination surveys about nine months ago? I think is was sent from Yamaha and not a second party.

It looks like they did implement some of the combo's that were in the survey.

They need to take note of VX1R's graphic's - I've never seen a better looking sled in my life (IMO)............

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=44974

I didn't think the new Nytro graphics were significantly different than last years. I liked the blue but didn't care for last years white/black and yellow Nytros.

Black is boring unless it is done well, i.e. original Vmax. I like the red on my Vector with it's silver racing stripes. That sled still looks cool and classy.

I've not looked at the '09 line-up in several weeks but I don't recall anything really jumping out at me so I guess you could say the graphics didn't grab my attention.

I am super bored with the blue on these sleds..

TOM... your killin me man.LOL. You dont like orange??

I think the orange and green arctic is using is AWSOME.. and the grafix are cool too..

130 hp class apex er

did anyone else notice that on the yamaha website that the apex er is stated as 130 hp class sled when its a 150 hp class sled.someone in advertising screwed up.oh well nobodys perfect.Shane

Overall I would give them a C+. Much better than most years. 2006 really stood out for killer looking sleds. The apex rtx and nytro were stunning looking sleds that were not overdone. Out of the 09 sleds I really liked the apex GT and white vector. I ordered a standard nytro in blue but really wanted one in all black with some white graphics.

COLDONE said:
Been very tired of blue for a while now! The white XTX would be great with a little more red in the graphics & wheels!
White Vector is good, but would be better with red & black graphics!
Orange is not for Yamaha & either is yellow!
I agree the flames are old now!
Last, but not least, the maroon on the Apex LTX SUCKS!
Please use red if you want red! Maroon is OK for two-ups & deluxe models, but not a Bad A$$ Trail sled!!!

BR

I've been critical of you in the past, but I think you hit the nail on the head here. I agree with almost everything you're saying.

I too like the white/blue on the Vector. Not as tired of the blue, but maroon is a God-awful color. Red is synonomous with racy. Maroon is synonymous with old-lady mobiles, hate it. Didn't mind the bumblebee RTX's, but orange? No, no, no.

No offense to anyone who likes these colors, the op did ask for opinions...

In my opinion the Apex graphics have gone down hill since 06 the RTX's have been getting uglier, the GT's are looking way to much like grandpa's sled. But my pick by far would be the RTX SE those race replica graphics do look pretty sweet.

I tend to think that the 06's were the best to date (not because i own a 06 ATTAK) but the RTX was a very very sharp sled that year, they were defanatly on to somethin with thoes "red chrome flames" then they put yellow on the RTX which was the worst thing they could have done IMO, it didnt work for them back in the 90's when the accented with yellow, IMO i really like the white this year, i think that they need to always keep black as an option. i have to agree that they should never put ornge as a production colour (welterracer i really like your sled the way that you done it up worked out really really good nice job)my favorite of all time yamaha was the 04 viper S it is a beautiful well rounded/put togetgher sled. i would like to see mabe a deeper more metalic, pearly blue with white or like a dark gunmetle grey

Traditional blue Apex GT LT old hat. Ok but not sure I would buy one. 2008 Ann. white & red nice & 2007 black very cool. I do like the blue & white in the nytro line up but need more than blue for top of line Apex GT LT.

Back