• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who do u guys find to be the most irritating?

Heritage

Expert
For me it's ski doo riders...two of my best buddies ride ski doos...and no doubt they are a quality machine...but jeeze does ski doo push the propaganda on these guys...they honestly believe what they are told....when it comes to yamaha..they still use the exhaust donuts, wheels, weight, and handling issues from 07 in their arguments...lol. And they honestly believe the ski doo 4 strokes are the best on the market...better than yamaha...now I can understand stand if they say we have the best ride in the biz...but in no way do their engines even compare...that big 1200 is a pooch stock...and I proved that again yesterday on the lake with my (new to me apex xtx)...my buddy honestly told me that he read on doo talk that the 1200 can walk an apex...I proved him wrong yesterday...so what was his argument aftER I beat him ?? " yamaha is going out of business "...."ski doo is number one in sales".... lol....oh...and here is something else I called him on...he claimed he was getting 18 - 20 mpg....yesterday I got 14 mpg with the xtx...so when we went to top off...he took one gallon more...I told him..." you are not getting 18 mpg, you are getting less than 14"..."not only are you slower, but you use more gas"...he said" but the guys on doo talk said I should get 18 mpg"
Do you see what I mean...?? And he is just one example of the yellow goggle crowd (and he's the least vocal of the doo riders I hang with).... ski doo lies about their weight, their hp, and mpg..yet the yellow sheep believe it as gospel...it's maddening to me...if they weren't so cocky about it...I probably wouldn't care....but I noticed that it seems to be getting worse...and I just had to vent about it...there is nothing I like better than shutting up yellow riders. What do u guys think?? Or...am I wrong?? (If this heads to the dog pile...I totally understand. ..just had to vent)

LoL...I mean cripes..I have had this sled 2 days, and it's like I have a big target painted on my back because I have an apex...I didn't buy it to race people. ..I bought it to have a quality trail machine, that's reliable, fuel efficient, and fun...if I wanted to sit on the lake and play Ricky racer...I'd turbo it

Just go get yourself a ten foot Yellow rope and store it in your sled. At some point in time (they will need it) just pull it out.
There will be no need for words than. Save that for off season! Its great conversation!!

The older Mach Z with 170hp was a quick fast sled, it was a side by side race with my machine being down a little on power.

If that Mach Z weighed the same as my Apex it would lose the race and the MPG would drop too!

Same goes for the 600 etec and 800 etecs ,also the 1200 compared to the viper with the same HP!! you add the weight and they are slower and mpg drops. power to weight ratio they rule, but its the 4-stroke that stomps down , yami sleds are heavy and we still win.

Poolaris ,Arctic Crap,and Skidoodoo guys are always the loudest at the bar/restaurant too,and the first thing they say toward Yamaha is the famous ( there heavy ) sleds !

Skidoo or Polaris 4-stroke have nothing that competes with the Apex ! Arctic cat has the turbo 9000 but it has a turbo !

There 4-stroke engines are not even on the same level HP .

I was also brainwashed by skidoo until my buddy practically ratchet strapped me to his yamaha and take for a spin for the day ( u don't want to mess with him ) when my skidoo's left us on the trail for the 100th time. And I also spank my skidoo buddies every weekend and like yours there blind, it's amazing they always have an excuse like I used too. All I can say since riding yamahas it's been an amazing.
:yam: :sled1:

My favourite is how I have come across numerous ski doo guys, and they go on and on about "ski doo is the best", and in the same breath talk about having an engine completely blow apart - but thats ok, because they have 45% of the market and ski doo is the best afterall. lol.
MS

One other comment - I have noticed over the years that every nut bar I come across that is out for death and destruction, nearly running me off the trail head on - seems to always be piloting a Ski Doo. There has to be a reason for this.....It has happened all too often to be coincidence. MS

X2....I have seen alot of that too...it seems the yellow riders just think differently...they will never compliment anything positive about a yamaha...look at the bs they spread about eps...it tells me they have never driven a sled with it...and you can bet...if and when they add it to their sleds...it will be "the best"...remember before they had 4 strokes....it was jokes about "boat anchors"...rx one tons...etc...even their marking targeted yamaha, and weight...it turned them into super hypocrites when they came out with the 1200...and of course in typical ski doo rider fashion..the 1200 is "the best 4 stroke"...not stock it isn't. ...not imo anyhow...better ride...yep...but that's about it...I'll take an eps equipped yamaha (vector or apex) over a 1200 doo anyday

When my Doo nephew gets on me about my Heavy Yamaha I just point out that my Motor has a life expectancy of a few thousand hours and was built with that in mind. His has a life expectancy of 300hrs (Ski-Doo's own words wonder if that has anything to do with number one in sales) and was built with that in mind as well!

His reply of course is who would want a sled for so long, he'll trade it off long before then! I reply unlike a bic lighter that is disposable when used up I akin mine more to a good Zippo just keep changin flints and refill when empty and it will last a lifetime or till I get tired of it! Wonder if Bic outsells Zippo?

Now on the other hand the 1200 Doo is a nice sled if they ever make a 150+hp HO out of it it will be the first real competition the Yamaha 4 stroke has!

Back