• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHo is disappointed with the first release?

The hype was a bit much.

Watching the videos.... That was a laugh, Who knew that e-start makes your sled easier to start?? WOW! Great work Yamaha, lots of R+D on that one.

Those Editors they got to review the sleds...OMG.. They were doing some serious C**K sucking.
They made it sound like it was a gods gift to mankind...

I hope they know everyone laughs at them for bending over just to make a buck and riding sleds.

One other thing.

If my new sled does not come with the custom powder coating I want I will be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON YAMI :Rockon:

I think it's a great idea, not that i want a nytro, i am quite happy with my apex and the fact is a live on a lake and close to groomed trails, if i am not lake honing i am trail riding, if i am off trail that means i missed a turn, so while this new sled isn't for me it'll suit the off-trail crowd quite handily.
now looking foward to the rest of the line up

We as a group just last week got rid of our last sled that wouldn't go 130 miles plus on a tank of gas! It also was the last non Yami, a 700 XC Polaris 2005. It is in many cases a big pain in the a$$ to need gas or for someone else to need gas when everyone else don't!

Yamaha, not changing the size of the gas tank on the XTX tells me they are not listening at all!!!

No true trail rider, that isn't riding with old sleds in their group, wants to need gas in 80-90 miles on a trail ride!!!

How many years do we have to tell Yamaha to change their skis???

The XTX should be a nice sled & has a great idea with the skid, but with that tank its only good for riding around the yard or farm!!!

BR

NytroFever said:
The hype was a bit much.

Who's hype??? The Yamaha website only ever said one new sled and didn't elaborate. The people posting on forums (not just here) are the people responsible for the hype.

As far as I'm concerned, Yamaha would have sat on this release had Doo not early released the e-Tec story. Take some wind out of Doo's release with some news of there own.

Crewchief47 said:
NytroFever said:
The hype was a bit much.

Who's hype??? The Yamaha website only ever said one new sled and didn't elaborate. The people posting on forums (not just here) are the people responsible for the hype.

As far as I'm concerned, Yamaha would have sat on this release had Doo not early released the e-Tec story. Take some wind out of Doo's release with some news of there own.
I agree with your whole post 100%.

yawn.....so all I was stating is that they had the world of sledding watching very closely.....Nitro released last year but really no "mountain" model to go with the line up...If you look at all the other lines they are mostly 150 hp plus....yamaha had a chance to shock the world...similar to skidoo with the xp. I was not looking for a light weight chassis but rather a yamaha like the Nytro with a 160 - 170 hp motor, longer track in the Nytro skid...what did we get...same sled with a 144", I wanted to be able to take my stock 160hp Nytro to the mountains with a 155" track and kick some stock xp a$$. Show me a Nyto stock that does not get its a$$ handed to it in the mountains....been there and seen it, heck I even took the guys sled and tried to out mark and xp with it....sorry lost my t-shirt on that one.

Come on guys, I bleed blue now but unless we keep pushing the bar we are never going to get anything better....Hence the XTX...

So my point is this....if we are going to be the "big dog" then lets build a sled that I do not have to put a turbo on or a supercharger just to keep up to the xps and 1000m's.

Lets build it so that I can ride out of the box and kick a$$ on the hills with out the comment, "well if I had a tubo I could do that"

MrSled said:
sobfrogg said:
I am VERY DISAPOINTED!!!

I wanted Yamaha to come out with a sled that would work my 2 jobs, mow my lawn and do my gardening. I will take care of the Beer making.

Or If they would hire me to test ride their new sleds and pay me enough money so I can enjo my hobbies. Also so I can take care of my ridding buddies so they do not have to work.

SO YES I AM VERY DISAPOINTED!!!!!

As for the XTX :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

Now thats funny ;)!

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

09 First Release

NOT DISAPPOINTED, AWESOME FIRST RELEASE. GREAT FIT! THE XTX IS MAKING A LOT OF PEOPLE VERY HAPPY!

More to come March 13th

Guess What?, NOT YAWNING! WAY TO GO YAMAHA!!!

YAMAHA IS WAY AHEAD IN 4 STROKE TECHNOLOGY BUT SOME PEOPLE WOULD RATHER BE ON THE XP - GO FIGURE.
CAN'T WAIT TIL MARCH
NOT YAWNING!
GOING TO THE OTHER SIDE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR
THE TRUE BLUE!

I think it is a cool idea. but i have a hard time believing it will handle like a 121.. and an even harder time wondering why they put a ripsaw on a sled with a 144 track..

I rode several different sleds this week, one being a new F8 and the other being a Crossfire 700.. both of these sleds are WAY better than my apex in every way.. The F8 rides better, has a better seat and handles as good if not better, the Crossfire way outhandles my Apex.. WHICH REALLY SUCKS.. i had to push my sled so hard that i was pushing in the corners just too keep up (the weight of the sled was really showing)

The one thing i cant get over is the apex engine, everyone loves the power and explossive throttle reponse.. i guess in another year or two i will have to find a better handling, riding sled.. Hopefully its a yami, if not i guess it might be time to change brands.. I just dont think this 144 nytro will be it..

I think it's a great sled for that market. I do think it could have waited for the rest of the lineup. IMO a new Apex will not be released this year.

COLDONE said:
We as a group just last week got rid of our last sled that wouldn't go 130 miles plus on a tank of gas! It also was the last non Yami, a 700 XC Polaris 2005. It is in many cases a big pain in the a$$ to need gas or for someone else to need gas when everyone else don't!

Yamaha, not changing the size of the gas tank on the XTX tells me they are not listening at all!!!

No true trail rider, that isn't riding with old sleds in their group, wants to need gas in 80-90 miles on a trail ride!!!

How many years do we have to tell Yamaha to change their skis???

The XTX should be a nice sled & has a great idea with the skid, but with that tank its only good for riding around the yard or farm!!!

BR

Good God. Your hyperbole-filled posts about the Nytro's gas range are so tired at this point. If you spent half as much time writing to Yamaha as you did cluttering up the board with these posts, they probably would have given you a 15 gallon tank by now.

We get it. You don't like the range, it's not enough for you, fine. Don't buy it.

Back