• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHo is disappointed with the first release?

thats 7.4 and 125.8 miles, I can get that if I want to walk home.... so best thing is to get gas around 90 to 100 miles.

I'm not impressed with the XTX, primarily because it uses the CK rear skid and it is not as durable as the dual shock in the 121 Nytro. Just go over to the Vector board and read about the guys cracking/breaking their front arms. I cracked the one in my Vector. Also, I think they should have gone 136 rather than 144. Or, better yet, just offer different track length options. How hard is that?

I can't believe they stayed with the 7.4 gallon tank! I don't think they listen at all. I've never been able to get over 100 miles out of my Nytro on a tank. At least there is an aftermarket option.

Aside from a small work sled, I don't think there will be anything else new in the '09 line up. With sled sales decreasing and the average unit price increasing every year, the OEM's can't keep producing new models. IMO, we are heading towards a time similar to the 80's where sleds were gradually improved every year but new from the ground up models were scarce. That is fine by me.

AKrider said:
I can't believe they stayed with the 7.4 gallon tank! I don't think they listen at all. I've never been able to get over 100 miles out of my Nytro on a tank. At least there is an aftermarket option.

Did you read the blog post at all??????????????????????????????

VERY cool sled. No pre production sleds this year seems worrisome. What about..tunnel icing, fuel range and ski's? Seems some other brands put a whole fleet on the snow a year in advance. Another development year would be worth the positive results when it goes on sale. The guinae pigs will let us know. IMO

Yawn...anyone...yawn...getting...yawn...sick...yawn...of...yawn...fort...yawn...mac...yawning...yawn...yet...yawn?

Dude drink some coffee or something please. :drink:

Crewchief47 said:
AKrider said:

Last time I read something on the blog about a larger tank it had to do with them not being able to produce a tank that could pass the government drop test regulations. Seems like I read about that either early in the fall or last spring.

In any case, here we are looking at a 2009 with the same 7.4 gal tank. I simply cannot understand why they would not be able to produce a larger tank 1 year later? I've done more than my share of complaining on this site, the Sled Talk blog and to my dealer. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the small tank. Trail tank will be shipping their tank out shortly. What's Yamaha's excuse?

On another topic, the blog mentioned that the 2nd generation geometry had nothing to do with increasing the durability of the sub frame. By comparing the front end of the XTX to the Nytro, it looks like the spindle is more upright with less caster. Funny thing to me is the new spindle angle looks like a bent or tweaked '08. LaLaLa

AKrider said:
Crewchief47 said:
AKrider said:

In any case, here we are looking at a 2009 with the same 7.4 gal tank. I simply cannot understand why they would not be able to produce a larger tank 1 year later? I've done more than my share of complaining on this site, the Sled Talk blog and to my dealer. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the small tank. Trail tank will be shipping their tank out shortly. What's Yamaha's excuse?

Perhaps Trail tank doesn't have to meet the drop test? Ever think of that? The cost of retooling most of the fuel area plastic and the tank for a problem that more than likely only affects a select few % of the target market (and it's not a warrenty problem), is profit killing. We will all have to wait for the next version in 3+ years or buy aftermarket.

And yes, you have done more than your fair share of complaining, it seems all your capable of. Have a nice day! ;)!

Crewchief47 said:
AKrider said:
Crewchief47 said:
AKrider said:

Perhaps Trail tank doesn't have to meet the drop test? Ever think of that? The cost of retooling most of the fuel area plastic and the tank for a problem that more than likely only affects a select few % of the target market (and it's not a warrenty problem), is profit killing. We will all have to wait for the next version in 3+ years or buy aftermarket.

And yes, you have done more than your fair share of complaining, it seems all your capable of. Have a nice day! ;)!

EDIT: Removed your off-topic comment! Have a nice Day! ;)!

I'm not dissapointed wth the first release. The still could unveil a higher hp, light weight ars kickin Apex in March too.
The XTX fills a gap in line, so it makes sense. I test rode an 08 FX Nytro and 09 XTX back to back yesterday and all I am very impressed with the XTX. Compaired to the short track, in the corners, the XTX steering actually felt more responsive. I was expecting to feel understeer with the XTX but didn't (although the trails were soft), XTX soaked up small and large bumps better and felt much more stable overall. Still could lift the skis from take off but not as much as short track. Short track felt quicker on take off but I had to hang on the bars of the XTX tighter.
I planned on buying a 136" version for 09. Looks like I'll have to settle with the 144". I've always wanted to do more off trail riding so I think the XTX would be fun in on and off trail. I'm 6'1 and I'll need a bar extension to keep my knees from going over my toes when seated.

Back