• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX oil tank

yam429

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX, 2010 Vector LTX, 1981 SRX 440, 1989 Inviter, 1991 Snosport, 2004 Snowhawk
Can somebody tell me if an 07 Phazer oil tank will work on my Nytro XTX? The mounting tabs are broke on my XTX oil tank and my brother has installed a supercharger on his Phazer and the kit came with a different oil tank so he has no use for the stock one.

Considering that you have both oil tanks, just compare them side by side and you'll know right away.

I don't have the Phazer tank infront of me my brother still has it. I am wondering if the baffle inside the tank may be different as well, being that they are completely different motors.

I have already checked the part numbers the XTX is 8GL 21751 00 00 & the Phazer is 8GC 21751 00 00 only one letter off so I don't know how different the two tanks really are.

Looking at pictures of it, I think it would work. The big difference that I see, it the Phazer oil tank has a bracket on the front of it, where the Nytro doesn't Shouldn't be an issue, since there is enough room behind side panel.

I had an ear broke off the top of my Nytro tank and made a whole new top bracket out of aluminum stock and had it welded on over what was left of the old bracket. Didn't have over $20 in the whole deal and it's stronder than ever.

1975FA said:
I had an ear broke off the top of my Nytro tank and made a whole new top bracket out of aluminum stock and had it welded on over what was left of the old bracket. Didn't have over $20 in the whole deal and it's stronder than ever.

SWEET......Are there issues with the oil tanks on all nytro's or just some models or years. Is it the tanks them selves or the mounting tabs?

1975FA said:

yep i did the same thing with steel and bolted it on

If the Phazer tank doesn't work out maybe I'll have to find somebody that can reinforce it for me. The rest of the XTX tank seems fine it's just the mounting tabs that are weak on mine.

Back