• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2025 SRX color

So this guy on FB is stating that he was told by Yamaha management that 998 motors will be built by AC starting in the 2025 model year. :o|

1707506189203.gif

that's not true the guy is a DM with yamaha an an has is oars in the wrong water was at yamaha dealer yesterday an i ask him an he said no they will be built in japan

I wasn't saying it was true but I did think it odd that a yamaha employee is making this statement or is the saleforce not directly employed by Yamaha? If I was ordering a 25, its something I would doublecheck for sure.

I wasn't saying it was true but I did think it odd that a yamaha employee is making this statement or is the saleforce not directly employed by Yamaha? If I was ordering a 25, its something I would doublecheck for sure.
you can go to the factory an see the sleds being made but they do not make or assemble an engines there arctic cat engines are made in St- cloud mn . so i would not see that yamaha would ship all the parts for the engine to them to st cloud an then to the factory to be put in last year when i was there i luck out they where building SRX's on the line that day an they where bring the motors on a skeg an i forget how many where on a skeg but it was a lot so i don't think that after all this time they would change anything it would not surprise me that they have the motors there for the 25 sidewinders because they know the number that cat will built them sleds.

you can go to the factory an see the sleds being made but they do not make or assemble an engines there arctic cat engines are made in St- cloud mn . so i would not see that yamaha would ship all the parts for the engine to them to st cloud an then to the factory to be put in last year when i was there i luck out they where building SRX's on the line that day an they where bring the motors on a skeg an i forget how many where on a skeg but it was a lot so i don't think that after all this time they would change anything it would not surprise me that they have the motors there for the 25 sidewinders because they know the number that cat will built them sleds.

What would/could change is the fact that Yamaha is no longer in the business so there is no incentive for building the motors for themselves. It would be an entire assembly sent to Cat, a partial assembly, or a bucket-o-parts. Its not like putting the motor together is that complex, its just exacting and textron certainly knows how to put tab A into slot A. I am not saying that anything different is happening for 2025 and beyond but it was interesting that a Yamaha employee is saying this, and of course, he could have it all wrong.

Last edited:
What would change is the fact that Yamaha is no longer in the business so there is no incentive for building the motors for themselves. It would be an entire assembly sent to Cat, a partial assembly, or a bucket-o-parts. Its not like putting the motor together is that complex, its just exacting and textron certainly knows how to put tab A into slot A. I am not saying that anything different is happening for 2025 and beyond but it was interesting that a Yamaha employee is saying this, and of course, he could have it all wrong.
This is misinformation. Yamaha will be in the business they have always been in, an engine builder. They just happened to build snowmobiles, and when they stopped doing that, they supplied engines to AC/textron, while still sticking with their core business as an engine builder.

Nobody said they will be stopping their engine supplier contract, they stated that they were going to be out of the sled building industry. Even if AC drops the 7000/9000 sleds or starts building their own, Yamaha still supplies AC/Textron with 998NA engines for their Wildcat XX.

Who knows, those both may change for MY26. But you can bet one thing that will not change, is Yamaha allowing anyone to assemble their engines. If you ever see that happen, I will start burning all my yamaha clothing.

This is misinformation. Yamaha will be in the business they have always been in, an engine builder. They just happened to build snowmobiles, and when they stopped doing that, they supplied engines to AC/textron, while still sticking with their core business as an engine builder.

Nobody said they will be stopping their engine supplier contract, they stated that they were going to be out of the sled building industry. Even if AC drops the 7000/9000 sleds or starts building their own, Yamaha still supplies AC/Textron with 998NA engines for their Wildcat XX.

Who knows, those both may change for MY26. But you can bet one thing that will not change, is Yamaha allowing anyone to assemble their engines. If you ever see that happen, I will start burning all my yamaha clothing.

My comment was on why they would consider it, I didn't mean to imply that they were doing it, I don't think it reads that way so its not misinformation, it is simply information. I speak from the perspective of experience as a manufacturer and what another manufacturers motivations might be, who knows what they are actually doing.

One last thing that has been said before. Yamaha never develops an engine that cannot be used in multiple platforms, form factors or in engine supplier agreements.

The 998 in NA form not only is used in the Wildcat, but is also in YXZ. The 1049 has a marine version that is called TR1 that is used in Waverunners and Yamaha boats. This is no small part of their business. In fact, they build more of those items in one year, than have probably ever been produced in a sled. (very rough guess, but it would not surprise me)

My comment was on why they would consider it, I didn't mean to imply that they were doing it, I don't think it reads that way so its not misinformation, it is simply information. I speak from the perspective of experience as a manufacturer and what another manufacturers motivations might be, who knows what they are actually doing.
They probably consider it because they did it for Suzuki. Last year of the old Suzuki 4st was in fact assembled at Cat.

What time do we get to see the blue sled and price increase tomorrow?

Well...that surprises me somewhat. I would have thought for sure that Yamaha would exit with Red & White/Black or perhaps a Yellow & Black livery from the racing days rather than another blue SRX.

How's that for real???

Last edited:

Back