• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown BOP Oil Tank Seal

We used to extrude airfoils from slugs heated by induction, at 2000 degrees. 2200 would melt. Sometimes a slug would get stuck and melt in the heater. I would hope that the turbo housing, bolts and exhaust arent that hot!!! lol! I know headers can glow dull orange, or bright red right at the engine at full wack..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-101119_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-101119_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 78

We used to extrude airfoils from slugs heated by induction, at 2000 degrees. 2200 would melt. Sometimes a slug would get stuck and melt in the heater. I would hope that the turbo housing, bolts and exhaust arent that hot!!! lol! I know headers can glow dull orange, or bright red right at the engine at full wack..

I've seen my SW exhaust glowing at night. I also would hope the exhaust is not running over 2000F

ROV bypass installed. I was surprised how much air is coming out of the new tank hose when idling.

Made it from the garage to the trailer with no leaks. Loaded and heading to Munising this evening. I will have the (now) bent tunnel Venture as a backup.

ROV bypass installed. I was surprised how much air is coming out of the new tank hose when idling.

Made it from the garage to the trailer with no leaks. Loaded and heading to Munising this evening. I will have the (now) bent tunnel Venture as a backup.
Yup. Tells you that it's critical the tank is vented at all times. Even momentary blockage is not acceptable. Congrats on bypass. Now you don't have pressure in tank.

I remember the comments on this site to change out the muffler bolts as soon as you get a new sled..now I read the exact opposite. I never had the muffler bolts changed and haven't had the dealers say anything about having an issue getting ing them out...am I misreading past posts ?

I remember the comments on this site to change out the muffler bolts as soon as you get a new sled..now I read the exact opposite. I never had the muffler bolts changed and haven't had the dealers say anything about having an issue getting ing them out...am I misreading past posts ?
No. There has been plenty of bad advice on this forum. I can still remember many guys recommending running the chain tighter than spec. Then they all figured out that it was wearing out the top gear bushing.

Last edited:
I really think people changed out due to T-50 not many people like torques bolts.

No. There has been plenty of bad advice on this forum. I can still remember many guys recommending running the chain tighter than spec. Then they all figured out that it was wearing out the top hear bushing.
Or that c&a pro skiis would be an excellent replacement for the stock ski. They didn't mention the work/parts /setup it would take to get them to be anywhere near trail ready. I count this as 1000$ pretty much wasted

No. There has been plenty of bad advice on this forum. I can still remember many guys recommending running the chain tighter than spec. Then they all figured out that it was wearing out the top hear bushing.
I remember some really good info from this site. First off the turbo bolts were found loose on many new sleds. These are the 3 bolts that hold the turbo onto the frame. One of mine was loose.

Then many spoke of the factory screw up with the muffler to turbo bolts. No anti seize on them and the turbo threads were cut so bad that damaged occurred when you first backed them out, some were snapping them off on initial muffler breakdown for checking chain tension and oil change! Mine came off hard and needed some heat and a thread chaser afterwards. Better use some good anti seize when installing to make it easy next time! This works for me.

Chain tension, go ahead and run it loose and let it slap around, see what happens!

Whether or not you agree, the chain will stretch past the stock setting in 1 ride, so I prefer 1 turn out.It is only there for a very short while. Replaced my top gear twice so far but not because I had problems, it was because I don’t want problems and during the maintenance you can see the wear. $24 fix from Cat with stock gears!

So thanks to all that have helped me from this site. It is truly amazing with tech info and help!

No. There has been plenty of bad advice on this forum. I can still remember many guys recommending running the chain tighter than spec. Then they all figured out that it was wearing out the top hear bushing
No. There has been plenty of bad advice on this forum. I can still remember many guys recommending running the chain tighter than spec. Then they all figured out that it was wearing out the top gear bushing.
Disagree. Never, ever have i gone the 1 1/2 turns it usually will slap the post on the case. Bushing wear is due to crappy bushing from the factory wobbling day one. I’m on the same gear set since 2018 with well over 10000 miles and will more than likely run it again in 2023.

Disagree. Never, ever have i gone the 1 1/2 turns it usually will slap the post on the case. Bushing wear is due to crappy bushing from the factory wobbling day one. I’m on the same gear set since 2018 with well over 10000 miles and will more than likely run it again in 2023.
Have you had to remove the spacer on the tensioner bolt?

Nope. I run 21/38 on the trail. Not a fan of 21/41

I remember some really good info from this site. First off the turbo bolts were found loose on many new sleds. These are the 3 bolts that hold the turbo onto the frame. One of mine was loose.

Then many spoke of the factory screw up with the muffler to turbo bolts. No anti seize on them and the turbo threads were cut so bad that damaged occurred when you first backed them out, some were snapping them off on initial muffler breakdown for checking chain tension and oil change! Mine came off hard and needed some heat and a thread chaser afterwards. Better use some good anti seize when installing to make it easy next time! This works for me.

Chain tension, go ahead and run it loose and let it slap around, see what happens!

Whether or not you agree, the chain will stretch past the stock setting in 1 ride, so I prefer 1 turn out.It is only there for a very short while. Replaced my top gear twice so far but not because I had problems, it was because I don’t want problems and during the maintenance you can see the wear. $24 fix from Cat with stock gears!

So thanks to all that have helped me from this site. It is truly amazing with tech info and help!
yes, that was the info going around about the muffler bolts...didnt mean to question posts but I get confused when there is contrary info on something like muffler bolts. Thanks for clarity on the discussion. Joe

Just wondering what you set yours at for turns out.

Thanks

Back