• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Question

cnybrian

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Attak
Should I be concerned about the amount of rust here? Its on a 2006 Attak and all 3 look similar.

Img1AIqQgemmLHTKVghFvvj9BFZC0k1UtB4zIiqs8UtsAS8O7EE8esQV4U4QGAxyUhOMVNrFEAMZcTSFshpPGS-iTfLBtgg5jHUF9wewsF0c2mrJh2s2GQHwIWQtM5RO0H5u4o53f5M61MKtmjwMo7QHM1YpS45cfgrPL2SEexyZEUU6rXk0ipHfJ_TTG0JK0o6Q-wReF0O9ukGah8Xsim0QWUqkTGVeA6jSX4bCMfljLVX_phaalGj2baR4AABA2b1Tn9Pq8LX2bHABIRORfVfEw8FxlWXdU9mdNX85-MdW3ANxyWcJ1WgMKjWZWk0RRYJu9Xtp_bZ_SyXU6JYSYmeFuIms4lY4AUZI6xwL8mJWQEvMOt37_957SI0G1gCN5fbdrh5iOho-adsPpuYA5PYArOoIO6ZeagQbkIZLv-1sI0g-Arc5SHpCsBS0G0EQgDF0QeyniZWdbRgJMAE3dKesuco2SxmmjZkw2rsbTQoZx75lq-2djcF99p1stSqF5VFDEWTpCcZh0uJrWModl0UEmASLkBzXJEqU53kGeFUiGLGqN_2PULGTEnt_HwNAlsjdUyTDIAoUPQpC3S6TNw1oKO0k-PQeODSPNB6Es_t296aFLYkl7_dg6nA7MeVZsM64qz-PSXNUjJBjYQ5_-rgZ=w650-h866-no

Looks like a sled that gets hauled on an open trail in the salt spray, even the alum is corroded there. I'd try and clean it up for sure.

Looks like a sled that gets hauled on an open trail in the salt spray, even the alum is corroded there. I'd try and clean it up for sure.

I used to have an open but only trailered a few times over the past 4 years or so, I purchased an enclosed in January of this year so no more salt for me.

Any good videos or step by step instructions out there?

I also would take the weights out and clean them. This way you can check the rollers to make sure they move freely and remove any debris from the weight profile/ramps.

I used to have an open but only trailered a few times over the past 4 years or so, I purchased an enclosed in January of this year so no more salt for me.

Any good videos or step by step instructions out there?

cnybrian - There are a few videos on Youtube that show clutch kit installations. This should help you

Thank you everyone. Got the rollers and weights out. The tubes were really stuck in there and took some PB and gentile persuasion with a a phillips bit that fit perfectly and a small hammer. The only casualties were the set screws. They were so rusted in I had to take them out with vice grips.

I now have the rollers and weights soaking in Metal Rescue and the clutch is being washed in warm soapy water.

another way to clean clutch is run it in a dish washer , what i do is take it a friend who has a bead blaster and use it and it comes looking new.

Back