• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Considering A New Sled For My Wife

I agree with you 100% on the issues thing, but some also do things a lot better than others! Hence the Yammi 4 stroker! It's a give and take with anything. Good luck with the Gade though, the 600 is a nice sled to buy in any brand and those were and still are for that matter very popular! 800-1000cc 2 strokes are for the most part just time bombs waiting to go off! I'm not totally clear on your previous post as to what turned you away from the Vector? Care to elaborate?

no4smoke said:
Hey Blue 4's, get her what she wants then you will both be happy!!

Will do my man, she wants a Yammi too! We're just debating between those three as all we've both rode is the Nytro! Be nice if I could bump into somebody with a Vector or Phazer that we could take for a ride!!

Blue 4's Rule said:
Sorry, I just realized after I started this thread that I was in the Nytro section!! Could I please get a mod to move it to the General Yamaha discussion section! Thx, it'll prolly get more traffic there.

Moved! ;)!

Thx Crewchief, appreciate it!!

jlemieu1, does she find it a handful at all? I'm not too worried about that on the Vector because anything's gonna feel like a feather compared to what she puts up with now! I believe the Vector is absolutely at home on the trails!! Thx for your response!

COLDONE said:
Let her have your XTX & you get a new one!!!

:drink:

My o'lady loves her 08 Vector LTX & she's 5'3" & 120!

BR

Heh, that's already crossed my mind!!! I would just end up getting another XTX for myself anyway!! Love it that much!

Hearing very good reports on how quite a few women are enjoying the Vector! My big gripe is non EFI! Maybe in 2010 they'll switch it but that's also when one finds good buys on the previous years stock! How do you find warm and cold starts on the Vectors? Pain in the #*$&@ with choking and all that fun carbed stuff or pretty simple? Thx for your input.

My wife had 07 vector and loved it, but she didnt feel in control with the old style seating. She rode my apex and liked the view.

We got her an 08 Apex LTX, I would have had her go with the Vector when they switched but wanted to keep EFI. She has no issues with it what so ever.

she always comments on being able to see so much better on the Apex. I think her seeing the ski tips is important. She really says she feels much more control over the sled because she can get up on the bars and see, especially going over big snow banks coming out of ditches and such.

She also has learned to enjoy riding standing up....she doesnt complain of cold hands at all. I dont get it, she is always cold but on her 08 she never says a word I even ask her. On her Vector she had them on hi melted the gloves and even gave her a blister.

She can easily log 200 mile days on her Apex, but out trails are fairly smooth. But when they get rough, her weight and the mono at 136 inches she would just fly by me on my RTX as I was getting the snot pounded out of me.

Hey Blue,

I have only 2 pics of my wife's Nytro, basicly its the morning I put it on before I flew out. So only had abit of time to take 2 pics. So what she has done to it since as for as asthetics?:dunno: . I shaved the front yamaha emblem in the nose and smooth it out. I think she has a clean slate to work with here. we basicly removed all the decals other then the yamaha one on the side panels. For the time I had to do this I think we got a good start.

Attachments

• HPIM0769.JPG
    HPIM0769.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 106
  • HPIM0771.JPG
    HPIM0771.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 106

Back