• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

Gearing I'm sure will definitly help this sled. We were out yesterday for a ride and my Nitro with the Heelclicker setup is definitly coming around. On long straight 1000 foot runs on a hardpack snow creek the Nitro was holding it's own. 08 136x1.25 800 r and older 03 f7 , 08 700 Switcher, pretty good company. These were roll on's also, not out of the hole. Outta the hole would definitly help me but regardless these sleds on a roll on needed a 1000 feet to not see me beside them.
On another note. I was told on the Yamaha you will never use all of the primary...............is that true? I've got about another 1/8 inch left at the top not being used now.

08NitroRTX said:
I want to say something here oh so bad BUT I SHALL NOT!

Oh damn it!

In the right hands OR with the right set up the FX Nytro will run with any 'stock' sled to 105 or so. (but not like it came from the factory!)

FYI scott8888, for about $25 you can make the FX nytro keep out in front for WELL over the 1/8 mile mark (660') over the 800r...... BRP left a LOT more on the table with their clutching than the FX Nytro!
My guess is the FX Nytros will be geared higher for 09 unless the goverment has regulations regarding speed!
it all about government regulation and legal issues we are going to upgrade the apex in 09 we will have to see how yammi get around this with there new sled you do not have to look far to see this play a role

2005 machz1000 2006 and 2007 all need the clutch pins but in at the dealer and now the same thing cat f100 and with the 800r once these sled are clutch there are fast as hell

08NitroRTX said:
I want to say something here oh so bad BUT I SHALL NOT!

Oh damn it!

In the right hands OR with the right set up the FX Nytro will run with any 'stock' sled to 105 or so. (but not like it came from the factory!)

FYI scott8888, for about $25 you can make the FX nytro keep out in front for WELL over the 1/8 mile mark (660') over the 800r...... BRP left a LOT more on the table with their clutching than the FX Nytro!
My guess is the FX Nytros will be geared higher for 09 unless the goverment has regulations regarding speed!
it all about government regulation and legal issues we are going to upgrade the apex in 09 we will have to see how yammi get around this with there new sled you do not have to look far to see this play a role

2005 machz1000 2006 and 2007 all need the clutch pins put in at the dealer and now the same thing cat f1000 and with the 800r once these sled are clutch there are fast as hell

gearing up two teeth won't do anything for you.gearing up one tooth is all that motor will pull if you go out two teeth you won't be able to even come close to shift ing out the clutches all the way.
On the 120 engines.I gained 5 mph gearing down from 22-38 to 21-38 along with gained accelleration.With 21-38 I was able to run 111.9mph actual speed and that wasn't shifted out all the way the dream meter was flashing between 122-124mph.

pro116 said:
gearing up two teeth won't do anything for you.gearing up one tooth is all that motor will pull if you go out two teeth you won't be able to even come close to shift ing out the clutches all the way.
On the 120 engines.I gained 5 mph gearing down from 22-38 to 21-38 along with gained accelleration.With 21-38 I was able to run 111.9mph actual speed and that wasn't shifted out all the way the dream meter was flashing between 122-124mph.
I currently have 1 more tooth on top & 1 less on the bottom gear and it still pulls as hard or harder than it did when it was stock. I understand what your saying about 2 or more teeth on top,but if i were to add 2 teeth on top & 1 less on the bottom what would that do for top end #'s ?

parkindale said:
pro116 said:
I currently have 1 more tooth on top & 1 less on the bottom gear and it still pulls as hard or harder than it did when it was stock. I understand what your saying about 2 or more teeth on top,but if i were to add 2 teeth on top & 1 less on the bottom what would that do for top end #'s ?

On glare ice in perfect conditions you may see some higher #'s but still won't shift out all the way.You will have better gas milage.

OK, now I'm REALLY confused... :o|

I thinks I'll just leave her alone for now, BIG Nor'easter a brewin, followed by drifts and POWDER !!! :jump:

i was driving a nytro rtx in the grass with 144 picks and a little clutching.
we were racing everything 08 800r 08 crossfire 1000 they all had equal tunining and in 550ft nothing could touch the nytro!! i know someone who has a xp 600r with 7 miles and it needs a new suspension and track and he was just riding around a field. i was there it was funny. track tension was good before we took it out to thats the funny thing!!!!

clutching and gearing is a dark art.

pro116 know's his poop !

Does the Nytro have the same gears as any previous year Yamaha? Or are they a specific Nytro part. I was going to try to find some on Ebay so I could play around.

Back