• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

scottydog1 said:
unpride said:
I dont think anyone who bought a Nytro expected a speed demon its a big bump ditch banger. Mine hit 104mph thats all it had with stock gearing. Scott888 over on Dootalk you stated you changed your gearing did it do anything for you?

Some people bought it to be a ditch banger and some bought it for the speed out of the hole, ditch banging and reliability. I bought mine for the later of the 2. I am not looking for a (2) mile race sled just a 660 -800 ft race. I wouldn't have posted this if I thought everyone bought this sled just for ditch banging. It is far more than that. I do enjoy riding on smooth trails and will hit the ditches when I like. I don't and I probably could say this for almost everyone that rides these Nitro's if all you do is ditch bang and never ride groomed trails you should be in Snow X Happy Trails.

Sorry scootdog did not go to Canada to close to christmas did go to tug hill last night at 12.00am got there a 2.30am trails were nice rode 95miles and drove home

2 800r xpx 1 apex gt and the nytro all 4 sled ran greet but this is the first time that we have rode tug hill in 15 years the only bad thing i have to say about are ride is the nytro ran out of gas at 95miles and the head light sucked we did race on the pond when we got home

the 800r clutches are not stock add pin weight if you are going to race keep it short 500-660 after that the APEX and 800r start to driving away

I ran against my cousins 2008 800r many time this weekend, With my gearing change he still cannot get me out of the hole & he just barely creeps by at WOT . I would guess his is approx 3-5 mph faster on top end. I'm very pleased with the gear swap, 1 more tooth up top & i think it'll be even :Rockon:

Awsome to hear. I did some high speed ditch banging Friday night in Buxton Maine. This sled performed awsome. In the fields the bumps were less than in the trails (you would swear were were in a sno-x track lacking the huge jumps). The sled everything I wanted it to do, but my body isn't as up to date as this sled and is a little sore (legs from standing). Everyone have a safe and happy holidays!! ;)!

Ran my buddies 800XP on a groomed 660' along with an Apex RTX. Got both out of the hole and right at the end they caught up. I am giving up 100lbs of body weight too!

Bigblue1 said:
Ran my buddies 800XP on a groomed 660' along with an Apex RTX. Got both out of the hole and right at the end they caught up. I am giving up 100lbs of body weight too!
Thats what I thought would happen. The 660' would be close @ the end. It is nice to see sleds that were supposed to smoke the Nytro, playing catch up. We lost a ton of snow in southern Maine and I am waiting for some more to come hopefully this week. I am praying to the snow gods to give us some more snow. Right now though the fields are quite hard packed and I hope while I am out this week. I can see what my FX Nytro will do against the R (If I see one?) Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!

scottydog1 said:
Bigblue1 said:
Thats what I thought would happen. The 660' would be close @ the end. It is nice to see sleds that were supposed to smoke the Nytro, playing catch up. We lost a ton of snow in southern Maine and I am waiting for some more to come hopefully this week. I am praying to the snow gods to give us some more snow. Right now though the fields are quite hard packed and I hope while I am out this week. I can see what my FX Nytro will do against the R (If I see one?) Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!
good luck this is not what we are seeing but it is the Internet you are going to want to keep it shorter the 660 more like 500ft and hope that the 800r or apex dose not get the hole shot .from what we have seen i the ice so far is the nytro is faster then 600cc sleds but has it handful with poo 700cfi

scott8888 said:
scottydog1 said:
Bigblue1 said:
good luck this is not what we are seeing but it is the Internet you are going to want to keep it shorter the 660 more like 500ft and hope that the 800r or apex dose not get the hole shot .from what we have seen i the ice so far is the nytro is faster then 600cc sleds but has it handful with poo 700cfi

Always baggin' on the Nytro and touting the XP. What' up?

Hey ...a little clutch kit and a gear change will do wonders. There is a gobs of torque to play with and maximize. I have my 05 RX-1 smokin everything on the lake and making it interesting with the premium big iron. Clutch kt and intake only!If I get the jump, only the Mach takes off on me.

I want to say something here oh so bad BUT I SHALL NOT!

Oh damn it!

In the right hands OR with the right set up the FX Nytro will run with any 'stock' sled to 105 or so. (but not like it came from the factory!)

FYI scott8888, for about $25 you can make the FX nytro keep out in front for WELL over the 1/8 mile mark (660') over the 800r...... BRP left a LOT more on the table with their clutching than the FX Nytro!
My guess is the FX Nytros will be geared higher for 09 unless the goverment has regulations regarding speed!

08NitroRTX said:
I want to say something here oh so bad BUT I SHALL NOT!

Oh damn it!

In the right hands OR with the right set up the FX Nytro will run with any 'stock' sled to 105 or so. (but not like it came from the factory!)

FYI scott8888, for about $25 you can make the FX nytro keep out in front for WELL over the 1/8 mile mark (660') over the 800r...... BRP left a LOT more on the table with their clutching than the FX Nytro!
My guess is the FX Nytros will be geared higher for 09 unless the goverment has regulations regarding speed!
id like to know the 25 dollar secret please

i read the last sentence and I know we need to re-gear. Should we go up 1 or 2 teeth on the top sproket? Thats all I run with is 800R's and it would be great to hang to 100mph

Back