• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My first thoughts on the new Yamaha DuPont hyfax.

SledFreak said:
Wonder if these will fit on a DOO?

I have a riding buddy who installed them last year on his '12 MX-ZX 800 with great results.

savan2000 said:
I have the stock ripsaw not fully clipped. Really want to put these sliders on but will they burn the rubber sections on the track?
SLP makes buttons that you install on the sections that have no clips to save your track/slides. thats an option for you if you dont want to fully clip the track

Sounds like everyone is pleased with these slides. My service guy at local shop agreed. But he did say something about a break-in procedure. Doing a heat cycle, letting them warm up then fully cooling off before next ride. Any truth to this? Clipping the rest of the track sounds to be a good idea.

Well that's the think, can you heat them up... I was spinning my track on the stand with duponts and a fully clipped track and the clipped stayed ice cold and my track is tight causes its new. Old sliders would be melting no question

Super Sled said:
BordnBill said:
I believe the hyfax's will wear more without being fully clipped, that is why I fully clipped my track this off season.

Yep, the Vespel material is mostly frictionless against steel, not vulcanized rubber. It's made to run cool against the track clips.

How will these work if the track is not fully clipped? Say a factory Ripsaw...would they wear down as quick as stock hyfax due direct rubber contact? Or will they last significantly longer than OEM hyfax.....? Could track damage occur if not fully clipped? Just curious.

savan2000 said:
I have the stock ripsaw not fully clipped. Really want to put these sliders on but will they burn the rubber sections on the track?
Get the slp anti wear pads from Dennis kirk. They work awsome and are a piece of cake to install.

Attachments

• slp_anti-wear-bolts_31.jpg
    slp_anti-wear-bolts_31.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 368
The SLP anti wear pads will not work on a stock 09 XTX ripsaw track, it has all open windows with every third bar being clipped, I tore a lug down to the core so I put a fully clipped track on. The only way to get rid of the rubber wear is to install track clips. Big bucks. or replace the track. Big bucks.

About 400 miles on my 2012 Vector LTX with the dupont hyfax installed. They are da bomb. No hyfax wear, no dragging, and we were running some icy roads and very hard packed groomed trails that would melt down the standard hyfax.

Highly recommended!!!!!!

What did you guys pay for your DuPont slides? My dealer is holding a set for me for $105.

Back