• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imo if the next sled is a joint effort with Cat, you can consider them done.

I'm guessing they don't make enough money on sleds to justify a new plant in the US.

Rumor I've heard is that the Suzuki Turbo is going to be replaced by a turbo charged version of the new sxs motor. This same engine/turbo will be used in the sxs as well.

But they are just rumors. We will know a lot more in a few weeks.

A couple years ago my dealer had an open house and a couple of Yamaha reps were there. They were pretty excited about the huge growth in the Russian market, would allow them to justify much more R&D. But the Russian economy crashed, no one there buying much of anything.

???????????????
Again, i just have to laugh.
Pretty sure you stated you did not want a sled built by cat.
You were talking about jumping ship for a rumored skidoo turbo ss
If we are going to dream about fantasy sleds that dont exist, Why not dream up your fantasy apex (like is being done with the doo ss) and jump onto one of those?:yam:

LOL! You read what you want to hear! I said I did not want a Yamaha built by Cat, I want one built by Yamaha. I do not want a Catamaha I would rather have a Purebred Cat! There should be two hail Yamaha gifs the original and one that reads 5% Yamaha! :home::4STroke:

I think the Cat Yamaha deal should have been Yamaha chassis design and Cat suspension. Just sticking a Yamaha motor in a Cat chassis and having to raise it up Cat motor is narrower) to make it fit instead of cradling it down low in the chassis like it should have been if Yamaha built it, reminds me that the setup was intended to be a stopgap measure and that a true chassis built for the Yamaha engines was on the way. What gets me is any comment on this is seen as an attack on the people who bought Vipers, but they should be the first to want what Yamaha should build. A Yamaha built chassis designed for Yamaha motors two three and four cylinder! Cat's help with suspension is more them welcome as Yamaha does need a bit of help there!

I dream of a Viper and Apex both built by Yamaha. As for jumping ship, the 1200 SS would be something to jump ship for! For a Catamaha? I think I'll stay with my heavy Apex just cause I like it as what it is. A excellent trail sled. Cat has not impressed me yet but hey it could happen.

Last edited:
yamaha-tricity-2.jpg
Yamaha Tricity front suspension . I'll bet the new sled has some of the same features ! Half R-6 with track out back and articulating front end .

Last edited:
This site may be unavailable for a few minutes while the domain is updated. Please update your browser to PARTIALYAMAHA. ;)!

Can anyone remember a magazine comparison where the Yamaha was picked as the favorite?

Yep its happened a few times but for the most part the mags ignore Yamaha. Rave about Ski-Doo Cat and Polaris, they love two strokes and until the Viper/7000 of late the last time time a Yamaha got a mention with a picture and test ride was the 2011 Apex and they loved it to death. Love affair has ended since then. Single shot suspension got a mention in one paragraph but thats it with a hope they put it in the Cat/Viper lineup.

Triumph_Street_Triple_Winter.jpg
Maybe something like this but with more of a sled front end !

yamaha-tricity-2.jpg
Yamaha Tricity front suspension . I'll bet the new sled has some of the same features ! Half R-6 with track out back and articulating front end .
That was actually on the drawing table, maybe even a prototype was built, when the Phazer came in to production, but they did'nt proceed with the idea. So they already hve that design "found out".

The vehicle in the background of the YXZ in the spy photo is an ATV for sure... A little zoom in and you clearly see the rear cargo rack, the right front headlight and the light mounted on the steering.

yamaha-tricity-2.jpg
I've seen this design on a yammie cycle protto...........R-6 maybe ????????MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back