• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New defective XS 825

Shelf life? Its brand new from ShadeTree only one week ago! Has 10 miles on it on the stand only!

I also noticed it running up and down in the secondary, which leads me to believe there are wide and narrow spots in the belt as well, I thought my secondary was bent, so I stuck the Viper secondary on and it acted the same with up and down in the secondary. I'll have to measure it, but am certain its not cut perfect the whole way around. I've seen this before on belts that have no QC. I put the second XS825 on that I bought and its not as bad, but it is similar with the up and down, so its not consistent in width either. My 8DN's have none of this up and down in the secondary at all, so they are cut perfectly.

My fear is this belt acts like it's made of glass and will be prone to cracking, just like what happened to the Dayco XTX belts for quite some time a few years back.
Oh sorry, for some reason I thought it was a last year belt. Looks like maybe a bad batch.

I give you guys credit for breaking belts in.
Zero chance here as I simply don't have the desire nor the patience.
The only way it would ever happen is if I let my wife take the sled out.

I am running an 8DN on my Winder right now but I have a couple XS 825s on hand for possible future use...they look good on initial inspection.
No problems with the 8DN...so far

Damn that sucks Mike.....It seems they may have a bad batch??

I would contact Timken as they will want to hear about these issues.

Will be a good chance to try out the new quick warranty replacement.

Dan

Got my replacement belt today. All looks good. Measures 1/8 inch longer than the first defective one , same width.

Well, i didn't even need to take the belt out of the package to see that it was defective.
Belt.jpg
belt2.jpg

You guys had me worried just had on delivered from shade tree still in the box for 2 weeks had to open it up to check and whew mine is okay.

Guys, please do us all a favor and connect w Tony at at Timken about this. He needs to know about this problem!
Thank you!
I would urge you to contact Tony and send pics, as well as tell him what's going on. Mike Knapp has already got his replaced.
anthony.coffield@timken.com
He states there is no deterioration in performance within 7 years of date of manufacture.

Guys, please do us all a favor and connect w Tony at at Timken about this. He needs to know about this problem!
Thank you!
I would urge you to contact Tony and send pics, as well as tell him what's going on. Mike Knapp has already got his replaced.
anthony.coffield@timken.com
He states there is no deterioration in performance within 7 years of date of manufacture.
Emailed him and gave him some numbers off the belt and jacket the belt was in. A new belt is in the mail! Very professional. Thanks Turboflash.

Back