• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder motor 211hp stock

Standard warranty is one year longer on the cat. But I believe Yamaha is easier to deal with. This was preseason orders. I do like the bibs and jacket cat was throwing in. But they own that company.

Actually, the dealer that I bought from sells both brands. He basically said, if you are a cat guy, go with the cat. If you are a Yamaha guy, go with the Yamaha. He also said the warranty and price were better for the yamaha.
I say, if you're a Yamaha guy, go with the Yamaha...if you're a Cat guy, well... go with a Yamaha ....hahahahahah

12,5:1 AFR is around perfect for 10 psi boost. Over 13:1 AFR is to lean. I never run over 12:1 AFR in my sled, when loaded over 18 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, this make sense to me now, never really play with boosted engines on Dynos. Good to know.

12,5:1 AFR is around perfect for 10 psi boost. Over 13:1 AFR is to lean. I never run over 12:1 AFR in my sled, when loaded over 18 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the fact that it makes this power at 8800 and 160 hp as low as 6500 and only 10 lbs of boost,should be a fun year,now all we need is snow.

I see they did not display torque numbers,does anyone know what it was?

I see they did not display torque numbers,does anyone know what it was?

130ft lbs at 6500 and stays above 126 (low point at 7000) with a burst to above 130 between 7500-7900 (peaks at 131.1 at 7700) and back up to 129 at 8100 rpms!

So let me do the math here...i weigh exactly 170lbs. I'm EXACTLY in between the HP & Torque numbers. Soo that means i have a perfectly balanced machine. Soo I WIN...i can't wait for that first challenge!

it means it has an extremely wide torque band ...it will pull and keep pulling....especially since you are 170 lbs. ! ;)

What it means is, i won't sleep tonight. That's right. 130 ft/lbs of torque = insomnia

Are they going to be limited to around 100 mph with 200 hp out of the box like the 1100 turbo cat is?

Are they going to be limited to around 100 mph with 200 hp out of the box like the 1100 turbo cat is?
There's a video somewhere running them across a lake at 122+ mph I would think they won't restrict them. That's just part of the fun factor.

they really should go 130 with that kind of paw. But no new sled does. Nothing will ever have the aero like the ck3 had.

they really should go 130 with that kind of paw. But no new sled does. Nothing will ever have the aero like the ck3 had.
time to gear up .

Back