• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder motor 211hp stock

I wouldn't worry about it much.... It won't break 120 on radar, rear suspension will snap rails all day, new clutches will smoke belts and it still will be A FREAKIN ARTIC CAT POS when I pass u!!!!!!!! LOL
What part of Canada is that coming from ????
Pickering , too close to the nuclear plant ?
Hamilton , drinking un treated water out of the harbour ??

What other part of Canada could that nasty reply have come from ? Any ideas ?

There is still 3 plus months before the trails open so lets keep busy .

Its become quite difficult to sell sleds with minimal snow conditions as we experienced this past season this year hear in the northeast,and to add to the second conflict of interest is the high cost of the sleds in general for the machine purchase not to mention the other costs incurred with the sport itself has many enthusiasts backing off on a new sled sa!e.Let's face reality here it has become very expensive for a very short season and unfortunately it has impacted the sled markets for all brands regardless.
I couldn't agree more with your post. Snowmobile companies are pricing the common man right out of the sport. Every time a new sled comes out it seems like the price goes up a grand. Don't get me wrong i would love to have brand new sidewinder but what if it doesn't snow worth a crap again this year? I can't have that type of money sitting in my garage to look at. If the sled was closer to 10000 then maybe but not at 15000. I will be sticking with the nytro for another winter.

I agree with the last couple statements regarding cost but snowmobiles aren't the only powersport that has seen a jump in pricing. Seadoos/atvs/bikes are all enough to give anyone a heart attack. However a diehard sledder usually won't sit and wait for mother nature to dump snow right outside his/her house. They will load em up and find snow. Last season was a 100% trailering season for me as we had zero snow here. I managed to get as much if not more miles on the sled vs riding locally the previous winter.

I agree with the last couple statements regarding cost but snowmobiles aren't the only powersport that has seen a jump in pricing. Seadoos/atvs/bikes are all enough to give anyone a heart attack. However a diehard sledder usually won't sit and wait for mother nature to dump snow right outside his/her house. They will load em up and find snow. Last season was a 100% trailering season for me as we had zero snow here. I managed to get as much if not more miles on the sled vs riding locally the previous winter.
O yeah I know I'm constantly checking out prices for different sport. I would have loved to trailer last year but you had to drive 5 hours at least to find snow worth anything from my place and the one time I did that my buddies ski-doo took a crap on us 50 miles into the weekend so we spent more time pulling that thing home then actually riding. Maybe this year we will actually get some snow to ride on.

I wouldn't worry about it much.... It won't break 120 on radar, rear suspension will snap rails all day, new clutches will smoke belts and it still will be A FREAKIN ARTIC CAT POS when I pass u!!!!!!!! LOL
Are you drunk or stoned?

If unsure of the sled bring a spare sled. Lol.
Thats just the thing. Sled worked great before we used it and it show no signs of breaking down. My uncle had another one for us to use but by the time we got back to his place it was almost dark and we were heading home in the morning. So we basically just used to to run down to the bar haha.

I couldn't agree more with your post. Snowmobile companies are pricing the common man right out of the sport. Every time a new sled comes out it seems like the price goes up a grand. Don't get me wrong i would love to have brand new sidewinder but what if it doesn't snow worth a crap again this year? I can't have that type of money sitting in my garage to look at. If the sled was closer to 10000 then maybe but not at 15000. I will be sticking with the nytro for another winter.
Its the nature of the beast !
That beast is mother nature , or old man winter , its the seasonal aspect of our fun.
Have you checked out how much it now costs to put a pool in your backyard , and then maintain it ?
And then you have a cool and wet spring and summer , and it is a biggggg waste of money .
Atleast in my part of Ontario , this summer has been a knockout for pool weather , and they are predicting a huge snowy winter !
Hello sled from my front door , as apposed to trailering as many klms. as sledding last year , which is ok , if only the exception and not the norm , if thats not what you are used to.
That being said , I would still be sledding , if it had to be out of a trailer , as many do it , and it is just another way of enjoying the sport .
Sometimes half the adventure is getting to, and home from the trails , or staying somewhere and making it an excursion.

Its the nature of the beast !
That beast is mother nature , or old man winter , its the seasonal aspect of our fun.
Have you checked out how much it now costs to put a pool in your backyard , and then maintain it ?
And then you have a cool and wet spring and summer , and it is a biggggg waste of money .
Atleast in my part of Ontario , this summer has been a knockout for pool weather , and they are predicting a huge snowy winter !
Hello sled from my front door , as apposed to trailering as many klms. as sledding last year , which is ok , if only the exception and not the norm , if thats not what you are used to.
That being said , I would still be sledding , if it had to be out of a trailer , as many do it , and it is just another way of enjoying the sport .
Sometimes half the adventure is getting to, and home from the trails , or staying somewhere and making it an excursion.
I trailer 90% of the time, and of that, I would say 50% is to get to BETTER riding.

The local riding is small, narrow trails with hardly any chance to open it up. So we jump in the truck, usually at 5, take the 2.5 hour trip north to the best snow around.

Sledding is indeed expensive. But for some context, I got almost $30k in Sea Doos, and it costs $60 for about 2 hours of fuel. I can hardly remember a day they didn't cost me $120 minimum. That kind of money will fill my sled, enough gas in the truck to go north, and cover my $35 for a place to stay.

Expensive is all relative.

I trailer 90% of the time, and of that, I would say 50% is to get to BETTER riding.

The local riding is small, narrow trails with hardly any chance to open it up. So we jump in the truck, usually at 5, take the 2.5 hour trip north to the best snow around.

Sledding is indeed expensive. But for some context, I got almost $30k in Sea Doos, and it costs $60 for about 2 hours of fuel. I can hardly remember a day they didn't cost me $120 minimum. That kind of money will fill my sled, enough gas in the truck to go north, and cover my $35 for a place to stay.

Where do you ride in Maine? PM me 'cuz i'm getting' some TTY rides going this year in Millinocket area...

Where do you ride in Maine? PM me 'cuz i'm getting' some TTY rides going this year in Millinocket area...
Predominately Jackman area but we plan many more County trips this year. I'll ride anywhere.

Yep.....I have over $100k in one race car that will cost about $500 per day per event with tires that cost $1800 and I get 700 track miles out of them.

Yep.....I have over $100k in one race car that will cost about $500 per day per event with tires that cost $1800 and I get 700 track miles out of them.
It's simple really. How much fun do you wanna spend? ;)

Back