• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder motor 211hp stock

I was told by my AC and Yamaha dealer to stick with Yamaha because of customer service, they are easier for him to get them to support his customers . The AC reps are not as easy to work with, this was when I asked about a Thunder Cat since it is a YamaCat as well. I have a History of multiple sleds with YES purchases so he knows I am a Yamaha guy.

Last year my dealer wouldn't sell me a Turbo cat saying that Cats customer service sucked. It cost him a sale forcing me to go to another dealer. That spoke volumes to me. But I did order my Sidewinder from him

1st year of cats warranty is cat...after that its cat care which didnt seem like I was dealing with cat...? yamaha is stellar in customer service...

from what i saw in the last few years, Cat seems a lot easier to make warranty claims then Yamaha.. .Yam just isn't ready for all the claims from moded sleds that break everywhere on the sled except the motor... we will see, but so far Cat ZR9000 owners have had easy claims in the warranty department...

Don't forget about Cat and Doo also both get $50 each warranty service. Talk about rubbing a guy wrong. Sleds broke when it shouldn't be and now customer has to pay $50...
I will say that it is easier for a dealer to call cat and get answers from pretty high up the chain. Maybe with Yamaha being in North America that will improve on Yamaha end in future.

Maybe with Yamaha being in North America that will improve on Yamaha end in future.
What are talking about? Yamaha has been in North America with Yamaha USA based in Wisconsin and Yamaha Canada. Yamaha USA has been scuddled so I don't see how this will improve warranty service.

What are talking about? Yamaha has been in North America with Yamaha USA based in Wisconsin and Yamaha Canada. Yamaha USA has been scuddled so I don't see how this will improve warranty service.
The announcement sounded to me like the snowmobile division was having support moved from Japan to Canada and Pleasant Prairie. Yes not USA but at least on same Continent.

That was a sugar coated press release. I have a friend that lost his job because of this move. This was for cost cutting measures, period.

nature of business in general and this business (especially yamaha) revenue in...costs out....cant get more revenue in...need to cut costs out...

Unfortunately, I think if the SW was here 2-3 years ago...Yamaha would have sold a ton...kinda late to the game...and without enugh fanfare and sizzle....when the snows flying and theses are showing...they will sell nicely off the deal floor ...well those of them that are healthy enough to have them...but the snowcheck lack luster sales was most likely the culprit...

Last edited:
Its become quite difficult to sell sleds with minimal snow conditions as we experienced this past season this year hear in the northeast,and to add to the second conflict of interest is the high cost of the sleds in general for the machine purchase not to mention the other costs incurred with the sport itself has many enthusiasts backing off on a new sled sa!e.Let's face reality here it has become very expensive for a very short season and unfortunately it has impacted the sled markets for all brands regardless.

I wouldn't worry about it much.... It won't break 120 on radar, rear suspension will snap rails all day, new clutches will smoke belts and it still will be A FREAKIN ARTIC CAT POS when I pass u!!!!!!!! LOL

Back