• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This may save your Nytro motor..

dilligaf said:
My oil filter was dented pretty bad, glad I checked. Installed Yamaha oil filter 5DM-13440-00. Its shorter and provides lots of clearance.

:rocks:

The Roest skid plate allows you to run the longer 2 3/4" oil filter and still have adequate clearance. More oil and more filtration.

Reviving this thread to let you know I checked mine today. The oil filter had no marks on it, but the oil pan had some deep gouges in it from the metal braces. I will be removing the braces and writing a stern letter of disapproval to Mr. Yamaha himself. Does anyone know how to write "Dumb #*$&@" in Japanese?

yox185 said:
Reviving this thread to let you know I checked mine today. The oil filter had no marks on it, but the oil pan had some deep gouges in it from the metal braces. I will be removing the braces and writing a stern letter of disapproval to Mr. Yamaha himself. Does anyone know how to write "Dumb #*$&@" in Japanese?

Are you running an accessory skid plate?

Roest said:
yox185 said:

Yeah I have the Yamaha plate. I don't do any off trail riding so it works fine for me. That one you are selling looks great, and if I did any off trail it would be on my sled.

thanks for reviving this thread, i somehow missed this last year (maybe i was riding too much... wait thats impossible :drink: )

will check it out first thing, thanks again

yox185 said:

物の言えないろば

yox185 said:
Roest said:
yox185 said:

Yeah I have the Yamaha plate. I don't do any off trail riding so it works fine for me. That one you are selling looks great, and if I did any off trail it would be on my sled.

Thanks. Most of the skidplates I sell are being purchased by trail riders. Here's why they like them.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=92318

Not for 2010, not sure about 2011. What issue do you mean specifically, the aluminum ribs rubbing, or the total lack of adequate subframe, engine, and front heat exchanger protection?

Roest said:
Not for 2010, not sure about 2011. What issue do you mean specifically, the aluminum ribs rubbing, or the total lack of adequate subframe, engine, and front heat exchanger protection?
Any of those......

Pretty sure nothing has changed. Even if the ribbing has been modified to alleviate the rubbing issue, you still have the same inadequate plastic panels that do little to protect the sled. Best to invest in a Roest skid plate and be done with it. I may be biased, but it's the truth.

Roest said:
Pretty sure nothing has changed. Even if the ribbing has been modified to alleviate the rubbing issue, you still have the same inadequate plastic panels that do little to protect the sled. Best to invest in a Roest skid plate and be done with it. I may be biased, but it's the truth.

Its an awesome product I pu one on my nytro this summer and know if I need to jack up the front end I can just put a floor jack under the sled and just up the front end without any issues. Works great for changing skis or adjusting front shock springs. Its a must for any Nytro.

Back