• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

Back to the garage today with a fresh mind. If I had stayed in the garage for 5 min more yesterday, I had seen the damage to the A arm.

This is how it looks.

2013-03-04%2016.09.06.jpg

And the undamaged one.

2013-03-04%2016.09.34.jpg

And a side-by-side comparison.

2013-03-04%2016.11.50.jpg

Still thinking of getting the Timbersled Barkbuster kit. Have anyone tried it?

I've always considered the timbersled kit for my Phazer, seeing how I have a dented a-arm. Just not on the top of my hit list at the moment. I know for a fact that the bark buster setup with fox floats would make the machine handle like a dream and drop some weight.

Also, from the thorough documentation of what you've shown us on the front end of your machine, it almost seems a waste to spend that much money on the timbersled kit. Unless its the route you already planned on taking, then go for it! But, if I was you, with the skills and resources available, I would just bend that a-arm back a little with a vise and some man strength. Then, take a-arms and powder coat them to your liking!

Thanks for the input, Matsofatso!

Now I'm sure that the subframe is just fine. It's just the lower right A arm that is damaged. I will take that with me to my work tomorrow and straighten it out and measure it.
At my job we have probably Sweden's most finest measurement equipment for 3D measuring. It's easier to get some help from a co-worker than measuring by myself with a tape measurement =)

If I was you I would change the bolt (making sure the mounting holes of the lower a arm is aligned, then just get a sledgehammer out and just whack the a arm untill its ok.. you will need to replace it eventually but I would finnish the season with it and deal with it during summer..

soldi said:
If I was you I would change the bolt (making sure the mounting holes of the lower a arm is aligned, then just get a sledgehammer out and just whack the a arm untill its ok.. you will need to replace it eventually but I would finnish the season with it and deal with it during summer..

The straightening of the A arm is already done. Used a hydraulic press at work and used our smallest measuring equipment at work today.

2013-03-05%2007.02.31.jpg

But I still have problem.

This is how it looks when the left lower A arm is in level.

2013-03-05%2021.18.54.jpg

And this is the right side in level.

2013-03-05%2021.19.47.jpg

The mounting hole is a bit oval, but just with 0,5 mm.

2013-03-05%2020.52.42.jpg

I will talk with the local Yamaha store tomorrow and ask them what they think and see if they can fix it fast or if I should wait to after the season has ended.

Looks like my local Yamaha store will change the subframe next week.

I will off season reinforce the subframe. We have laser cutting equipment at work, so I will CAD some parts and cut them with laser in stainless steel.
Sand blaster the frame, weld the reinforcements in place and powder coat everything and hope that it would help.

I will let the local Yamaha store fix my sled in a week. Got a case number at the insurance company so I hope they will handle it without problems.
Have also sent CAD files to the laser cutter at my job for some reinforcements.
I will make several more of those (pictures will come) if some one else needs them.

The reinforcements are done. Now I'll just try if they fit at all positions first and then I will have them zink treated and powder coated if they fit nice.

This is how they look:

2013-03-15%2015.55.56-w.jpg

2013-03-15%2015.56.10-w.jpg

2013-03-15%2015.56.33-w.jpg

They should help some I guess.

Got the estimate from the local Yamaha store today. About 25000 SEK (3863 USD).
Money tends to fly away =)

I made a new panel beneath the engine today. Got an 3 mm thick aluminium plate from a friend and started to cut out the form from the original.
Fits perfect and tomorrow I will powder coat it at work.
I guess it will withstand rocks and other debris better than a plastic cover.

2013-03-25%2016.59.40.jpg

Now they are sandblasted and waiting for some black powder coating.
They fit perfect now.
I've made two extra sets of reinforcements if some one want to buy them.

2013-03-27%2008.23.04.jpg

Looks like a good piece but I'm trying to figure out exactly where they would go?

You're lucky you have access to all that beautiful equipment to make these!

Front_suspension.jpg

They will be placed like that wide red line on the picture. Think of them as really wide washers that connects the two bolts holding the A arms.
Pictures will hopefully come tomorrow!

Back