• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Contact lenses?

I just went to eye DR last week for contacts and he said I would hate them since I wear bifocals.
He said I would only be able to see near or far, but contacts can't be bifocals.
Iam bummed hoped they would work for me.
Go see a different DR...I wear bifocal contacts and love them.

For those of you wearing open face, MX-style, helmets with goggles, you could try an Rx goggle insert. This one is called an "ant" goggle insert. There are lots of other styles, but I've found this style works (fits into) most goggles without any trouble. They cost about $10 without a prescription. I've got -6 correction in one eye, so it costs me about $100 to have my Rx put in. I've never worn contacts and this set up works great for me. Just be sure to pack your glasses so you can see when you stop somewhere for a bite to eat ... you get strange looks from folks ordering from the menu with your goggles on!
Ant-Insert.jpg

Those are cool, I've never seen those before. One nice thing about that is its a one time cost. Where with contacts you have to keep replacing them. Although I quite happy with my contacts, that's a cool option.

I have gone thru this being a glass wearer. I took the breath box out of my helmet. I now wear an original no fog mask and have a electric shield on a modular pure Polaris helmet. bam problem solved. that original no fog mask is fantastic. google original no fog high performance breath deflector.

One nice thing about that is its a one time cost.

Well, not exactly ... I still have to replace the lenses of the insert whenever my prescription changes.

But as I said, they work great. I don't have issues with them fogging up and they stay in place very well. Here's a link to a video showing how they fit inside a pair of goggles.

I use to have glasses and hated snowmobiling with them. I would open and close my mask repeatedly until the glasses warmed up in my helmet. I switched to contacts but hated them too. They would freeze and were never comfortable, especially on a sled since the wind would dry out my eyes and contacts. I got PRK about 5 years ago and what a difference. My eyes are a little bit dryer than before, but I rarely have issues after the first year. I see 20/10 to 10/15. It's great!

I just went to eye DR last week for contacts and he said I would hate them since I wear bifocals.
He said I would only be able to see near or far, but contacts can't be bifocals.

Not true. I wear contacts for presbiopia. While you do not get the best of both worlds you do get relief from both. Mine are prescribed to favor distance but I read just fine. Try Accuvue for Presbiopia.

Idiots they are! you can get both kinds of contacts regular and those that work like a bifocal. You can also do like they do with lasic and get one eye corrected for distance and one for reading if you like but I find it is best just to go with the ones that help see far and then ask a pretty girl for help reading the menu at the bar after the ride:Rockon:

Agreed!!! - Tried them last year and worked great! I could see to ride and see the details on my GPS as well. Very pleased!!!

Steve

I wear no line bifocals and the bifocal contacts worked GREAT for me! Something is not right here in what you were told IMHO.....

Good Luck!

Steve

Back